Angry — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Angry

tara2019
tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
My head cant get what's happening I'm back on sick from work my disability have got much worse I applied for pip 29th nov 2018 I'm waiting tribuneral which should be may 2020 if I got pip back in2019 I wouldn't have had to go back to work but couldn't live on nothing so I this is down to  dwp for this for letting me down I now relay on my family for everything  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm sorry to hear this, hopefully you won't be waiting much longer for the Tribunal hearing date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Should I give up my job of 28yrs even tho they changed my role n looked after me its **** I should of give up working last yr but couldn't due to dwp now I cant walk cant get out of bed  the system is rubbish 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    I wouldn't advise you to quit working. You should look at claiming SSP from your employer, which is payable for 28 weeks.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Hi Tara, I started work August 2018 and September 19 I’ve been off work long term sickness, I have got chronic hip and neck pain, that’s why I had to stop as it’s just chronic all the time everyday, when I started my job until sept 2019 I didn’t have one day off even though I was in chronic pain. I am on daily living pip and on universal credit but don’t get any payments, I send my fit notes to my local job centre. I have had a couple of occupational health phone assessments and the recent one was 4th feb. When I next see my manager maybe next week or the following week depends when the meeting is she will either keep my job or dismiss me on ill health grounds. 

If I wasn’t in pain I would be at work, the only thing keeping me going is my job, I haven’t got universal credit payments yet,  on the 8th feb this month I had my work Capability Assessment and I got the decision letter last Friday and they said I am fit for work, I am not due to my chronic pain and coping, so I phoned them up and asked for a mandatory  reconsideration and I had to write in my journal why it was wrong etc, as yet I haven’t heard back hopefully they are as speedy as they were last week after having the assessment and my questionnaire. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.