Carer goes free ticket — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carer goes free ticket

kbelf
kbelf Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I recently saw a post regarding venues which offer disabled access with a ‘carer goes free’ ticket and wanted to add that the O2 Arena, Emirates Stadium and London Theatre Group all offer this. 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kbelf and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you so much for posting this piece of news.  It will be really helpful to our members.  I have used a "carer goes free" ticket myself in the past when going to the theatre with someone and it is a great idea for disabled people and their carers.  Every little bit helps!  Thanks also for joining our Community and I hope you enjoy your time with us.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kbelf - Welcome to the community. Thank you for joining & sharing this information which may help other members of this community. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @kbelf Hello and welcome to the community and sharing this with our members. I am looking into getting something as I don't go anywhere unattended and would be nice if my carer could attend free
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thanks for sharing this with us @kbelf! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @kbelf, great to know! :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all I applied for my CEA card last week and it arrived on friday. Now looking forward to next trip to cinema. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, it is great when a carer does get a complimentary ticket.

It can often be a decider for me when thinking about going anywhere.

I believe it is my duty to pay for the carer as I wouldn't be able to go anywhere without her.

eg we are going to see a Motown show next month. It has cost £32 for myself and her to go. She does get a free ticket, but there is a £1.75 charge.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.