Hi all my name is Sazzle. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi all my name is Sazzle.

Options
Sazzle27
Sazzle27 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2020 in Start here and say hello!
Hi I just wanted to introduce myself. I have mental health issues for over 20 years since I was young teen which has effected me on a daily basis. Some days are better than others. I am also a trained heath professional, which I love but I am struggling at present to do my job due to my mental health and after some traumatic events. I joined Scope for support and advice on employment and managing my disability.
Its lovely to meet you all x

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hello @Sazzle27   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of Community Champions.  We guide, advise and support members of our community.

I am sorry to hear your mental health is suffering.

Please consider the following links.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

All offer floating support, health and well being advice.  Information and advice on benefits, supported employment and anything else.

Might not be in all areas. You can self refer or speak to GP.

I used all three have long term mental health with addiction history and been clean thirteen years have disability lifetime.

Do advise the community have knowledge, experience on all aspects of mental health including diet and nutrition.

Including qualifications.

Please as a health worker you mentioned  often looking at your diet, nutrition can ease symptoms.

You might know a lot of this but might not just being concerned and informative, useful.

1.  Avoid Caffeine in teas, coffee, cola and chocolate.

A stimulant effects mental health anxiety if consumed more each time.

Avoid Smoking.  Alcohol a major concern the big problem. More again consume the worse the symptoms.

2.  Consider lean meat, pulses, beans and leafy greens. Plenty of vegetables, fruit.  Fish and B Vitamins.

Look at Eggs, Nuts and Yoghurt to ease anxiety and any symptoms, if having allergies avoid.

Eat whole grains Bread, Pasta, Rice.  Milky drinks on night time use warm with honey eases sleep problems.

Do a food diary and which ones effect you make you feel better and others that do not.

3.  If stressed anxious or having depression please talk to your GP .  Often useful to talk the links I mentioned.  Talking helps a lot by sharing, caring with others can be beneficial.

4.  Do something relaxing therapeutic to ease symptoms.

Create a comfort box your favourite poems, books passages  any thing to give you reassurance confidence, self esteem.  Warm blankets comfort pillows or favourite clothes to lounge in.

Music works for me, my favourite recipes foods warming comforting.

Have in the freezer on stand by.  See my recipes on here.

Music is Classic FM good calming soothing. Meditation and other therapies yoga or Tia Chi.

Must add other my bible and other things.

Learning to cope is small steps.

I know this helps me but wanted to add many charities use coping methods and strategies .

On medication, sleep and diet, nutrition anything else do courses in the charities.

Worth looking at as one other are herbs and spices, we in this country beginning to understand certain spices, herbs help.

Been doing this lots of the countries China and Asia.

I have been doing a lot of research in to this. 

Please consider speaking to any Doctors before taking any thing .

Can interact with medications certain ones if you do take, please never ever any herbal supplements has not a lot of the ingredient in them.

I would look at that as well.

I take Cinnamon, Fennel Seeds and some others Chillies.  Turmeric and Basil ease anxiety and stomach issues related with anxiety.

Please happy to answer any questions.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Sazzle27 Hello and welcome to the community, Im glad you have joined us here. I am an ex human resource professional so have some insight into employment. Is there anything specific that you want to ask ? and I will try and support or point you in the right direction
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sazzle27 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining with your kind introduction. I see my friend thespiceman has given his most helpful advice already, which I hope you will give careful consideration.
    As far as employment goes, I'm unsure if you are considering asking for 'reasonable adjustments,' or perhaps alternative employment. Scope has some information online, so I'll send you the general link for that so you may be able to find what's appropriate for you. See: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/work-careers/
    Any questions, please do say, or let us know if we can offer support in any way. I hope you enjoy the community; everyone is very helpful & friendly, & please do chat here any time, as there's usually someone about.  :)

• Sazzle27
    Sazzle27 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you all for making me so welcomed. I really appreciate it.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sazzle27 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your present health struggles.  You have been given some excellent information and advice by other members so I would try to follow that when you can.  Meantime if there is any way we can help/support you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.