Hi, my name is mart62! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mart62!

Options
mart62
mart62 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I’ve just transferred from DLA to pip, I’ve lost around 70 pounds a month. It seems just because I work part time and travel to one place of work. I can plan a route. I think I’m being punished for working. Just because I didn’t show any sighs of depression and on a low dose of tablet, they discounted my depression. Also my tinnitus I’m losing sleep, but I still work. I’m just confused what to do. I have multiple conditions. IE as above conditions also osteoarthritis in back and knee, plus  dupuytrens contracts which is hand are curved. Please advise. I’ve heard if you challenge the discision I could lose my award all together. I also have dyslexia. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. Although people do work and claim PIP if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming PIP then it can go against you.

Although most MR decisions remain the same, there's also a chance you could lose everything you already have and of course your award could be increased too but there's just 15% chance of the decision changing. No one on an internet forum can tell you whether there's any risks to your current award by requesting the MR and you'll need face to face advice for this.

Whether you'll score any points for following and planning a journey will totally depend on how your conditions affect you. As no one knows exactly how your affected only yourself then it's difficult to give any advice here.

As most MR decisions remain the same then you'll likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times are huge in most areas and lots of people are waiting about a year for a hearing date. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. Do also remember that PIP and DLA are different benefits, with different criteria.

Good luck what ever you decide.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @mart62 Hello and welcome to the community its nice to have new members. I see Poppy has given you her advice I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mart62 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear of your present situation and your health struggles.  I hope you found Poppy's advice to be helpful.  If there is anything else we can do to help/support you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.