Quick outcome after assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Quick outcome after assessment

flora
flora Community member Posts: 8 Connected
My son has been on UC since December 2018.  I am his appointee.  I’ve been submitting fit notes for him since the beginning of his claim and have had up date phone calls with his work coach every 2 to 3 months. The work coaches have been very supportive and switched off the commitments at the start of his claim.  In December I received a UC50 form which I filled in and sent back.  I took him for an assessment just over a week ago and expected to wait a long time for the results.  This morning I got a text to check his journal.  There is a letter on there saying he has been found to have limited capability for work and work related activity.  I was told by the work coach during one of our calls last year that if my son was put in one of the limited capability for work groups I wouldn’t have to send in fit notes. Is this correct? His current fit note only has 10 days left on it so I want to make sure I have understood that correctly. 

Thank you 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @flora I'm not entirely certain but I'm sure @poppy123456 or @Adrian_Scope will be along soon to answer your question for you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thanks for the tag @Ami2301! :)

Hi @flora. Great news they awarded him so quickly. That's correct, he won't have to submit any more fit notes. They've recently changed some of the formatting of the letters but it should confirm this somewhere on there.

Very occasionally the UC system may still prompt and ask you for one because the request has to be manually switched off by his Case Manager, but if this happens it is an error. Now he's been awarded he definitely doesn't need to keep submitting fit notes. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • flora
    flora Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Thank you very much for the responses.  On the same day that the outcome letter was added his next phone call with the work coach was cancelled and backdated money put in his bank.  I did read the letter again which confirmed that fit notes are no longer required.  
    Flora 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.