DISABLED PARKING — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DISABLED PARKING

Options
campaigntim
campaigntim Community member Posts: 10 Connected
I have noticed that disabled parking spaces are used very often being removed from use whenever there is a council sponsored fair for fair traders and whenever there is any maintenance work.

I wish this practice to end

I live in Surrey

What have you found?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @campaigntim, I personally have not noticed this. Yet there is a need for more blue badge spaces!
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, I had arranged to pick a friend up at a railway station. When we got there..the roads close by  were closed for a beer festival!. We had to park elsewhere and I had to go I my wheelchair over cobbles, uneven pavements to find my friend. She is also disabled and together we returned to the car. I had to ask those setting up to remove obstacles.

Then when it was time for her to leave, we the same problem in reverse. It spoiled our rare meetings.
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Options
    I have not driven for over two years ( due to menieres...it comes and goes) i let my blue badge run out ( last december) ...but it would be handy if my sons were taking me out anywhere . I know that the government said they would crack down on misuse ...but i believe that misuse was mostly due to there being no other spaces for able bodied drivers so some of them would just park in disabled spaces . I will have to reapply for a blue badge ...i heard it's very hard to get a blue badge these days ...so i will need to look into it .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.