Hi, my name is kelou68! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kelou68!

kelou68
kelou68 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi my son has Recently been diagnosed with focal cortical dysplasia , which is two parts of the brain that’s not developed he is 18 months old, Has anybody else on this chat had a similar thing happened to them

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kelou68 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  On the forum we all have various disabilities/health conditions and you may find that there will be members who are going through a similar situation to yourself and if so they maybe able to share their own experiences with you.  You will receive lots of support on the Community anyway as everyone is lovely and friendly so feel free to chat to us anytime as there will always be someone here to listen.  

You may find the following Scope link helpful in the meantime -

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/support-groups-parents/

Within this link, you will see another link to Scope's own parents support group which you may want to have a look at too.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you and your son are getting on.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @kelou68 and welcome to the community.

I was just wondering how much support you've got since the diagnosis and whether our Navigate service might be of use. It's a 6-week programme that puts you in touch with a personal adviser, who will help you to talk about your feelings and concerns. You can read more about it at Navigate: emotional support for parents.

Please let us know how you get on and feel free to make your way to our parents and carers board to start chatting to parents in similar situations.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • kelou68
    kelou68 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited February 2020
    Thank you , I haven’t had much support really, my Health Visitor that told me about this and was just hoping to find some who has gone through the same experience with their child or has the same condition as my son , Kelly 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.