UC missing legislation in their guidance — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC missing legislation in their guidance

Options
sar84
sar84 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Good morning I am new to this so hello all.

I wondered if anyone else has ever raised a MR on an unlawful decision and the DWP are missing critical legislation out of their guidance?

Thanks
Sar

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,940 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @sar84 and welcome to the community. Can I just ask what decision you're appealing and what legislation you believe is missing?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sar84
    sar84 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Adrian_Scope,

I successfully managed to get my MR overturned on the second attempt. This was due to the surplus earnings rule. There is legislation missing out of their guidance with regards to domestic abuse.

I have several mental health conditions, but I won't be beaten by the system. I just wondered if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.