PIP 14 week wait for decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP 14 week wait for decision

susan48
susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
A family member had there PIP assessment a few weeks ago after reporting a change in August 19.
They called PIP today and was told the decision will take 14 weeks%!!!!

I find that actually appalling to have to wait that long so potentially they will have to wait 10 months on a decision ??.

i had to wait 6 months but clearly they need more staff or a rethink over the whole process.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There isn't any timescales at all. The time they tell you is only ever a guide and nothing more. backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. When you think of how many people actually claim PIP then yes backlogs do happen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    To be honest, that’s not any good to the thousands of people waiting on a decision.  They change the goal posts to suit themselves and sod the desperate people in need, ?

to to be honest maybe if people gave proper help and advice and maybe stood up for the desperate people instead of telling people the same things over and over it may help
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    Please mind your tone. People spend a lot of their time advising others here and we also have a disability too. We do this because we are trying to help others and what we do is voluntary. After all, this is an internet forum and there's only so much advice people can give here.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • trish444
    trish444 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    I waited longer the only plus point was someone came to visit she asked some really stupid questions my husband was there it let him see how folk with disabilities  are treated I got it starting on Christmas day dah
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @susan48 I understand your frustration and maybe take this up with your local MP who is there to address these issues and bring it to the attention of the people who are in a position to make a difference. 

We all work hard here to give the best advise we can and support people where we can   
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    susan48 said:
    To be honest, that’s not any good to the thousands of people waiting on a decision.  They change the goal posts to suit themselves and sod the desperate people in need, ?

to to be honest maybe if people gave proper help and advice and maybe stood up for the desperate people instead of telling people the same things over and over it may help
    @susan48 - I disagree. Not with the fact that it's shabby that it takes a long time but the bit criticising the people who have offered advice...

I wouldn't be surprised if "how long does it take?" is the most asked question on here.

The answer, as far as I know, is that no-one knows and I genuinely believe that it's best to say so.

Otherwise it can just make people's anxiety a lot worse - if you say "six weeks" (which is how long mine took IIRC) then people will just worry at the beginning of week seven.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'proper advice"?

• soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    edited February 2020
    I waited 16 weeks for mine. I was told it would be October but the decision was made in July.. I applied in March 
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.