Universal credit LCRWA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit LCRWA

kay2199
kay2199 Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Hii! This is my first post so sorry if it makes no sense. I have been claiming universal credit for just over a year, and got my first PIP payment roundabout July time. (I dont know this info is any use, I dont really know what im doing) I got a work Capability assessment decision in my journal on the universal credit website. I haven’t been for an assessment (i think my CPN spoke to someone tho). The letter said that they have decided tthat I have a limited capability for work and work-related activities. Does LCRWA get backdated? I don’t know how it could get backdated as I don’t remember even claiming LCRWA. I don’t know whether my PIP claim would have anything to do with it? i dont know im useless sorry x thanks x 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Firstly have you been sending in fit notes for your UC claim, if so what date did you first start sending those and what dates are your assessment periods, when did you first start your claim for UC?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kay2199
    edited February 2020
    Hi, i dont think ive sent a fit note in from when I first claim UC, maybe even before then as i was on esa. I submitted my claim for UC on the 10th of jan 2019 x
  • poppy123456
    This makes sense now because you were claiming ESA before you claimed UC. When you were claiming ESA were in the Support Group? If you were then the LCWRA award will be because you were in the Support Group for ESA and that award will be honoured for UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kay2199
    Hi sorry, I dont know, i cant remember.
  • poppy123456
    It's very likely that you were in the Support Group because you've had no assessment for your UC claim and you weren't sending in any fit notes.

If your ESA was £128.45 per week, then that's definitely the support group. This award is honoured for your UC claim and they've done exactly what they should have.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.