Special Assistance — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Special Assistance

Zec Richardson
Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
Hi everyone, I have had a rough start to the year with Flare up after flare up and then managed a meeting at London Southend Airport about special assistance for a blog post on my website and that caused another flare up!
But spring is almost here!
It was a fascinating visit and a great insight into how they help people who require special assistance.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Zec Richardson Thank you for sharing that with us
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    Thanks for sharing this @Zec_Richardson. I've lived close to Southend Airport for quite a while but have never flown from there. I really didn't expect it to be so disability friendly and to hear that there's opportunities for someone with anxiety to visit ahead of time is really interesting. Hopefully it might go some way to making the whole experience a bit less of an unknown commodity.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Zec Richardson
    Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
    Thanks for sharing this @Zec_Richardson. I've lived close to Southend Airport for quite a while but have never flown from there. I really didn't expect it to be so disability friendly and to hear that there's opportunities for someone with anxiety to visit ahead of time is really interesting. Hopefully it might go some way to making the whole experience a bit less of an unknown commodity.
    I am in Southchurch but used to live near The Ann Boleyn.
    I also had never been in the new terminal and it was very interesting to have a tour of the airport.
    It did leave one question about actually flying as was told that on board you have to be able to get yourself to toilet and yet the CAA says the airline has to have an onboard aisle chair to assist you to toilet.
    But the post was about the airport and not actually flying but I have contacted Easy Jet to enquire!

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Thankyou for putting this post on for us.

It does look and sound very disabled friendly and the addition of a new Changing Places loo will be great, when it is installed.

Pollsx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.