Letter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Letter

claretre
claretre Community member Posts: 13 Listener
I've received a letter today saying they have all the info now to decide on my case was wondering how long about will I find out I started the claim in Nov and it's just dragged on my anxiety is threw the roof X.

Comments

• anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    I think it can vary in different areas, being usually around 6-8 weeks but i have heard of it being as long as 14 weeks in some areas that have big back logs.

What you can do is request a copy of the assessment report. That will give you a good idea of where points could be awarded. It is not the final decision as the decision maker has the final say but it will give a pretty good indication.

I am in the same position as you. This waiting is making me anxious and i am not even the claimant! I am waiting for my son. I can only imagine it must be much worse for you than for me.

Tagging @poppy123456 as she is an advisor on the forum. I think i have given you the right answer but poppy hopefully will confirm it and put it right if i have got anything wrong.

All the best and let's hope we both get the decisions we want - and quicky!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the tag @anisty

HI @claretre the letter you received is a standard letter sent to everyone but it doesn't really mean anything and is quite a pointless letter. All is causes is more stress for those waiting for a decision.

There's no timescales for any decision and it could be anything from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer, even after you receive that letter.

You can request the assessment report as advised by anisty.

Hopefully you're not waiting too much longer.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.