Proof of disability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Proof of disability

Eva111
Eva111 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi.My employer wants a proof of my disability because I checked I am registered disabled.I told him I have disability,I have even sent him list of my medications.Now he wants more.What for?
I feel unwell with this.I have only  blue badge and the Medical Assessment decision.Should I sent him?
Is it legal,private information???

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    There is in general no such thing as "registered disabled" now, proof that you are receiving either DLA or PIP is seen as proof that you are disabled. Anything you do provide an employer with should be in confidence.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Si_Obhan
    Si_Obhan Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    edited February 2020
    Your doctor can write a “fit note” which can list the conditions you have and whether you’re fit to work. It is not just for taking time off sick these days, they can be used to say you are fit to work but with adjustments, for example. I’ve only ever shown my employers “fit notes”. It shouldn’t cost you anything but will prove what conditions or symptoms you have and if there is anything that can be done to help you at work.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome. Your employer is unlikely to know anything about medication and what it is taken for so this wont really help. As others have said there is no such thing as being registered disabled anymore and maybe you should highlight this to your employer. Providing a firt note is good way to inform of your condition and any adjustments required or as mentioned a PIP award letter. Ask your employer exactly what evidence they would like to see and why ?
  • Eva111
    Eva111 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I wrote  to contact with my GP or my lawyer and he didnt replay :)
    I am Cleaner..NOTHING responsible ...
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Eva111, are you still needing proof? Your employer should not require this, but you could get a doctors note.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.