Supporting Children with Additional Needs through Bereavement — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Supporting Children with Additional Needs through Bereavement

Options
tooneyj57
tooneyj57 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2020 in Education
I'm new to this but hope I can get advice

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,364 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

please may I ask what advice you would like? I’m sure someone will help you further. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @tooneyj57 how can we help? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tooneyj57 - Welcome to this very friendly & supportive community from me too. Please do say what we might help you with, as there's usually someone here that can help, or offer advice. :)
  • tooneyj57
    tooneyj57 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I did a course today on supporting bereaved children and there was information from scope about supporting people with special needs through loss and I was told I could download it
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tooneyj57 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I've had a wee look around the site and I'm sorry, but I'm unable to find any Scope information about supporting bereaved children.  However, I will tag in @Adrian_Scope, to see if he can help you with this, as he is a member of the Scope team and may know.  Meantime, I hope you enjoy your course and all the best with it.  If there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  :smile:

Hi @Adrian_Scope, can you help this member access some Scope information on supporting bereaved children?  Thanks, @Ails:smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @tooneyj57 and welcome to the community.
    We don't have any advice on that subject ourselves, but Scope Australia (unaffiliated) have a fantastic resource on the subject which is probably what you were looking for - Supporting people with disabilities coping with grief and loss (Scope Australia)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.