Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Share your favourite books

JenCoJenCo Member Posts: 115 Pioneering
Hoping to add to everyone's reasons to be cheerful by sharing a few of my favourite books. 
I would love some recommendations in return :)

Read this:
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemmingway
If you're feeling this:
Overwhelmed
Because:
It'll remind you that sticking to it and doing your best is always worth it. Even if the outcome isn't what you're hoping for, someone, somewhere will see you trying and love and admire you for it. 

Read this: 
Equal Rites - Terry Pratchett
If you're feeling this: 
Ignored
Because: 
Your goals are worth pursuing however difficult it may be to reach them... and it'll cheer you up! I promise.

Read this: 
The Alchemist - Paulo Coehlo
If you're feeling this: 
Like you have no control
Because: 
As an Old King said, ‘If you really want something, then all the Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it’.

Replies

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 9,519 Scope community team
    I love this @JenCo

Read this: 
    The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald

If you're feeling this: 
    Like you want to explore the meaning of life.

Because: 
    It looks deeply into social class, relationships and mystery. It's a short book but it gives you a lot to think about.
    Community Partner
    Scope
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
    Too many to count! 
  • JenCoJenCo Member Posts: 115 Pioneering
    Too many to count! 
    Do you have a top five @April2018mom
    ?? :)
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
    I have a top ten

1- Little Women
    2- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    3- Once in a life time 
    4- Black Beauty
    5- Ballet Shoes
    6- How to Kill a Mockingbird
    7- Girl on the Train
    8- The Hunger Games
    9- Anne of Green Gables
    10- Malory Towers
    Yes @April2018mom
    :) I love these!

Well if we're going to share top tens...

1. Equal Rties - Terry Pratchett
    2. The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemmingway
    3. The Alchemist - Paulo Coehlo
    4. El Deafo - Cece Bell
    5 Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor Frankl
    6. Murder on the Orient Express - Agatha Christie
    7. Saving Fish From Drowning - Amy Tan
    8 Reaper Man - Terry Pratchett
    9. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
    10. The Color Purple - Alice Walker
    edited March 12
    @JenCo, both man's search for meaning and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time would be in my top 10!

1. The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald
    2. House Rules by Jodi Picoult
    3. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
    4. Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
    5. Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman
    6. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
    7. Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
    8. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
    9. How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
    10. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

That was so hard to only pick 10!!!

Community Partner
    Scope
  • gaz1960gaz1960 Member Posts: 111 Pioneering
    A pity there is a social distance and essential travel only! 

Having a clear out! Unfortunately, too late! 

I have 20 very large bags of books that i cant take to the charity shop because of the Coronavirus! 

Mixed authors ! 
    Hardback and paperbacks! 
    About 2 thousand books! 
    New and second hand(from the charity shop)! 

:(
    What books did you read lately? I need new suggestions. 
    gaz1960 said:

I have 20 very large bags of books that i cant take to the charity shop because of the Coronavirus! 

Mixed authors ! 
    Hardback and paperbacks! 
    About 2 thousand books! 

I need new books. Message me. 
    I have one more that I liked. It is called Days of Wonder by Keith Stuart. This book is about a single working dad and his daughter with a heart condition as well. Recommended if you enjoy romance books. 
  • figspowartfigspowart Member Posts: 15 Connected
    I always find Middlemarch by George Eliot very comforting because of the compassion and kindness of the protagonist. Also it is a story about human failings but also the human capacity to be selfless and forgiving.
    gaz1960 said:

Mixed authors ! 
    Hardback and paperbacks! 
    About 2 thousand books! 

WOW! 2,000 books!?
    Some charity shop is going to have a ball with those once business is back to usual. 
    What books did you read lately? I need new suggestions. 
    I'm reading The Murmur of Bees currently. It's stunning but does reference the Spanish Flu pandemic heavily in the first half soooo... maybe hard going in light of recent events o.O 
    https://www.goodreads.com/pt/book/show/41574681-the-murmur-of-bees
    I'd like to keep them,i hate getting rid of books! But,with what's going in,if anything happens to me, then my Son would have to do something about them! Trying to clear as much stuff so less for him to take care of. 
    Those are what I've read over the past three years,! Just never got around to taking them to the Scope charity shop.  
  • Bridget14Bridget14 Member Posts: 58 Courageous
    My book is Her Benny by Silas K Hocking. Read it as a child and to date have yet to read a book which meant more to me. Have several copies, (presents) which every so often comes out and re-read. Expect in the next weeks.
    It is about lives of Benny and Nelly Bates growing up in the slums of Liverpool.

Legend....David Gemmell  plus ALL his books!  Best books ever! ALL of his series! Best writer ever! 

Clifford D.Simak......Waystation.

Xanth series,Piers Anthony. 

Door in to Summer.......Robert A.Heinlien

The wierdstone of Brisingamen......Alan Garner 

The Moon of Gomrath......Alan Garner. 

The Belgariad books,.....David Eddings! 

Sharpe series..........Bernard Cornwell.

• Sorry_SusanSorry_Susan Member Posts: 53 Courageous
    To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee
    I read this once a year, it is so good.
    That's a great book @Sorry_Susan! I've read it twice!
    Community Partner
    Scope
    2 thousand,plus books! 

Thinking of putting up a folding table at the bottom of the drive,HELP.YOURSELF SIGN! 

And Harper Lee! 

To kill a Mockingbird! 

And Go set a watchman! :)

Good choice @gaz1960
    Community Partner
    Scope
  • laura222laura222 Member Posts: 82 Pioneering
    @JenCo your recommendations are so compelling I just had to start on them. First is Equal Rites and I’m loving it so far. 

Thanks!
    Good choice @gaz1960
    Seems to be a popular choice, from quite a few people on here! 

It was turned in to a great film! 

Would really like to make sure the 2,000 plus books i have,go to help the charity,and help provide support for anyone on the front line of the Coronavirus! 

That truly is very kind of you @gaz1960
    Community Partner
    Scope
    Being nice and being kind doesn't get you anywhere, but its just the way i am! Old fashioned! Help others! 

• Bridget14Bridget14 Member Posts: 58 Courageous
    gaz1960
    Agree about being nice and kind not getting you anywhere. But doesn't it make you feel good.
    You can't help being who you are carry on and it's a pleasure to know you.
    Keep yourself safe. 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 7,407 Scope community team
    gaz1960 said:
    2 thousand,plus books! 

Thinking of putting up a folding table at the bottom of the drive,HELP.YOURSELF SIGN! 
    A few people around here have started doing this and it's proving very popular. People are picking up a book on their daily walk and sometimes switching them out for their own books a bit like a contact-free book swap.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    Put up a folding table at the bottom of the garden/driveway!

Loaded up with a mixture of different genres of books and authors! 
    A big sign saying ,"help yourself,FREE "!

Not a single book taken! :/

Obviously, the village population are either defunct in able to read anything unless it has picture's, or suspicious about anything being given away as FREE!  :/ 

At least they didn't steal the table! OMG! 

Take the table and leave the books! OMG! 

Anybody else having the same reaction?

Sad times! :/

Anyone want these books? 

It's really kind of you that you are doing this! I hope someone is interested in a book soon. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope
    laura222 said:
    @JenCo your recommendations are so compelling I just had to start on them. First is Equal Rites and I’m loving it so far. 

Thanks!
    Hurrah! I hope you're still loving it. It's one of my favourites.
    It's really kind of you that you are doing this! I hope someone is interested in a book soon. :)
    No joy so far! 

Tomorrow,and Saturday are supposed to be a hot and sunny,sooooooooo,going to set up the folding table at the bottom of the garden/driveway with a large selection of the books,with a very big "help yourself " sign! 

Apart from having an hour or two at the allotment today,and each day,today planted onion sets,seed potatoes, and carrot and spring onion seeds,and garlic,(and social distance is not a problem,there are only 4 plot holders,its private land,and very rare more than one of us is there at the same time),I've been sitting in the living room again today, looking out the window while making masks out of T shirts,for my once a week trip to our village shop,better to support  them than one of the main superstores! Use it or lose it! Especially now! 

Not seen many people walking past the house, occasional jogger or dog walker, its a quite rural village. 
    But I'll put the table out,and books out and see what happens!  

Have you had any uptake yet @gaz1960? If you're getting little footfall past your house that may explain it. Such a nice thing to do though. :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    No Adrian, only a couple of books gone from the table on Saturday and a couple more on Sunday. 
    At least i gave it a go. 
    Hopefully when restricted travel is eased,i can start taking them to the Scope shop. 
  • EmmaR_ScopeEmmaR_Scope Scope Posts: 28 Courageous
    @gaz1960 what  a wonderful idea, here in Leeds we have a 'free little libarry' scheme where you take a book and leave a book....sounds like you're starting a similar venture where you live - Good for you!
    Emma Rose  - Scope Activities for All-  support and advice for parents and professionals on inclusion and children's disability issues
    Well,as stated,live on the outskirts of the village,so not many passing bye,unless anyone going to the local pub,500 yards from me,which is if course closed,or to the local store,a mile abd a half away!

Slightly of topic,but, the food at the local is superb! A pity they are closed because of the Coronavirus! If anyone looking for a great meal,after the restrictions are lifted,especially a Sunday lunch, with local sourced meat and veg from local farm's, the Anchor at Hurley Common! OMG. 

Back on topic! Lol 

Been re-reading the "Sharpe" series books by Bernard Cornwell. 

Great books,and a great TV series with Sean Bean! 

• LissytaliaaLissytaliaa Member Posts: 9 Connected
    I read a book recently called ‘The Unhoneymooners’ in about 4 days. You can download it on your IPad for 99p. It is brilliant, and kept me laughing every time I read it - I struggled to put the book down! Very sweet romantic comedy, and well worth the read  :)
    Today,on my way back from doing some shopping, someone in the next village had put out a large tray of  books  for "free",at the bottom of the driveway outside their house. Hope they have more luck than when i put mine out! 
    I'm glad others are also doing such a kind thing @gaz1960. I'm sure your efforts are greatly appreciated and your generosity will be noticed. :) 
    Community Partner
    Scope
    Has anyone read The Wife Between Us yet? Just finished.... not massively impressed despite rave reviews. 
    Starting Lord of The Rings again to make up for it :)
  • EmmaR_ScopeEmmaR_Scope Scope Posts: 28 Courageous
    JenCo said:
    Has anyone read The Wife Between Us yet? Just finished.... not massively impressed despite rave reviews. 
    @JenCo i have not read it, but have also seen the revews, will be watching this to see what others think!!
    I've just read Unnatural causes by Dr Richard Shepherd, not what i would usually read but I couldn't put it down, he's pathologist that has been involved in lots of famous cases, really fascinating and easy to read, sad and funny in places, he writes really well.

Emma Rose  - Scope Activities for All-  support and advice for parents and professionals on inclusion and children's disability issues
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 4,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Can’t believe I’ve only just discovered this thread. No fave books but I’ve finally cracked a backlog of 29 including some pretty heavy stuff. Currently having a much lighter moment. So, these.

@mikehughescq
    Gary Larson is fantastic! Enjoy :)
    Been rearranging books on shelves today. I read a terrifying amount for someone who struggles to do more than a chapter at a time.
    JenCo said:
    @JenCo, what is it about?

I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series at the moment. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope
    edited May 17

A very short story Sufficiently short I’ve read it’s 151 small pages tonight. Sufficiently confusing inadequate to start again 10 pages in just to ensure I knew which voice was which. I’m not sure about the ending at all but the book is as haunting as reviews suggested. A book to leave you with a slightly disturbed uneasy feeling.

A recommendation? Hmm, you decide.

• GrinchyGrinchy Member Posts: 148 Pioneering
    Great thread, i'm rereading a lot of terry pratchet at the moment, the discworld series of books, very interesting reads
    I bought this around 1989. For many reasons I’ve never read it. That changes tonight.. 

edited May 19
    How are you finding it @mikehughescq?
    Community Partner
    Scope
    How are you finding it @mikehughescq?
    A lot easier than I thought it might be. Don’t know what took me so long.
  • Uncommon_nameUncommon_name Member Posts: 9 Connected

A very short story Sufficiently short I’ve read it’s 151 small pages tonight. Sufficiently confusing inadequate to start again 10 pages in just to ensure I knew which voice was which. I’m not sure about the ending at all but the book is as haunting as reviews suggested. A book to leave you with a slightly disturbed uneasy feeling.

A recommendation? Hmm, you decide.

That made me both want to read it and not want to read it all at the same time! 
    That’s a good thing I think. 

I’ve another book by her to read - Little Eyes. The reviews make it sound fascinating and disturbing. Always a great mix.

I’m a bit of a one for reading outside my comfort zone.
  • JadeB90JadeB90 Member Posts: 12 Connected
    Do we have many readers in here? I love crime fiction novels, it's usually my go to genre but i've been trying out some new stuff too as i've started a book blog.
     What are your favourite titles/authors?  :)<3
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 1,140 Pioneering
    Hi I read a book a week most weeks, I don't have a favourite author or genre, I'll read anything, in normal times I always try and support local charity shops by buying books from them and donating them as well.
  • RonniRonni Member Posts: 162 Pioneering
    Hi JadeB90 I big fan of Crime books to. Especially Patricia Cornwells : Scarpetta serious.
    And James Pattersons: Womens Murder Mystery club. I quite few books behind on both .
    Also books from Torey Hayden who writes stories of her time as a special needs teacher
     As well as other books by Harper and Collins true story section is inspiring. Throw in a bit of Stephen king and Dean l koontz sci fi I'm an all rounder.
  • GrinchyGrinchy Member Posts: 148 Pioneering
    I love to read, i enjoy biographys of famous  movie people, actors/ actresses behind the scenes people to, also enjoy Terry pratchett, working my way through the disc world books, very funny author
    Thought I was hallucinating that my posts had disappeared then.

Original books thread is here. Much to enjoy.

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/69447/share-your-favourite-books#latest
    @ronni dean koontz writes my favourite series - odd thomas. i've lost count of the times i've read them now lol. I also really like tess gerritson - she does the 'bones' series :)

@JadeB90. Love the Bones tv series didnt read the books.
    Thinking of getting and ebooks reader or tablet. Eye sight not to good havent read in a while. Thought with them might allow enlarge text. Miss reading.
  • scotleagscotleag Member Posts: 68 Connected
    @Ronni I'm one of those who thought Kindle was an abomination when it first appeared. Now, I'm 100% in favour. Being able to enlarge text is extremely useful, not just for 'regular' reading but where print size would be even smaller in a hard copy book such as maps or footnotes. Also, instead of weighing down a suitcase with a few hefty tomes when travelling it's much easier to carry the contents of a library on a device that fits inside a jacket pocket.

This latter is of course a memory of the dim distant past when it was possible to travel
    @scotleag
    Thank you for the info the kindle sound perfect. 
    @ronni i'm with @scotleag on that one. I love hardback copies and nothing beats the real thing of course, but a kindle is a perfect idea. It's so handy!
  • scotleagscotleag Member Posts: 68 Connected
    @Ronni @JadeB90 I prefer hardbacks too but made the mistake of getting the new Hilary Mantel as a hardback thinking I won't be going anywhere for at least twelve weeks so it'd be fine. Now I'm having problems holding a 900-pages hardback. Can't sit back and read it, have to put it on a table. With Kindle I'd be able to lie in bed and read
    @scotleag a hard back 900 pages whoa. Just avoid north and south in hard back.  You'd  need on wheels to carry it around.
    @Chloe_Scope any chance this could be merged with the other book thread before it gets messy?
    love charity shop book. Can novels and text
     Back a few decades ago they sell something not a book but original readers digest. Every since I was I kid love that pocket size. Proper investigative journalism. I once huge going back 1950 you could see the world. change. It began 1890s approx.

Could get old books  from charity my first was 1930s print of letters from Browning. Finney letters and poetry to his friends especially Kipling.
    Unfortunately not many charity shops are wheelchair accessible nowadays.

• Lauren95Lauren95 Member Posts: 80 Pioneering
    Hi am a big book reader I love real life books and history, the call the midwife series and Cathy glass She’s a  Foster carer, and things like that what does everyone else like ? 

Origin of Species completed. Fascinating book. He argues far more with logic than examples in many places e.g. “this is just an abstract. There’s not enough room”. Amazing to think he got away with that.

Equally one has always been left with the impression his travels on HMS Beagle and many exotic experiences were the basis of the argument and narrative. Bit of a shock to find that it’s largely a few home brew experiments and a shed load of pigeons. As ever an about turn is required.

Morning guys! How are you all?

I have just finished reading The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes, a great read! It was such a good plot that had a few twists and turns!
    Community Partner
    Scope
    JenCo said:
    @JenCo, what is it about?

I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series at the moment. :)
    It's meant to be a psychological thriller but it wasn't very thrilling. Good holiday read I think but I like a book to keep me guessing when it comes to mysteries. 
    JadeB90 said:
    Do we have many readers in here? I love crime fiction novels, it's usually my go to genre but i've been trying out some new stuff too as i've started a book blog.
     What are your favourite titles/authors?  :)<3
    Awesome! How's the blog going?

As far as favourite authors go I absolutely adore Agatha Christie when it comes to mysteries and crime. For new stuff do you have a genre in mind?
    Ronni said:
    @JadeB90. Love the Bones tv series didnt read the books.
    Thinking of getting and ebooks reader or tablet. Eye sight not to good havent read in a while. Thought with them might allow enlarge text. Miss reading.
    @Ronni, I too stopped reading a my sight deteriorated. Despite my love for actual books, I love my kindle and it has allowed me to read again! I can't imagine going back now. Also, I bought mine second hand to save money, works perfectly! 
    Community Partner
    Scope
    Agatha Christie books great,especially when turned to film with Margaret Rutherford. 

New authors trying.

Seem ok. 

Stuart McBride. 

Steve Cavanagh.

Chris Carter. 

Andrew Grant. 

Lee Weeks. 
    Thanks @Chloe_Scope. I've been looking. At larger ones. Trying to figure the differences between a kindle and kindle fire some are ebooks some do more. Im so of of date old school. But one will accept 
    The NGT
    Minicom alternative.downliad. Trying up grade communication stuff.  

@gaz1960 I remember the old versions.
    With Margaret furthered. Old school.
    Hi @Ronni, the Kindle Fire is a tablet that allows apps as well as a reading device. The kindle will just let you access the kindle store and read books. :)

I have the Kindle Paperwhite which is lighter but not much difference. 

Community Partner
    Scope
  • HunrerHennersHunrerHenners Member Posts: 14 Connected
    My absolute favourite book is 1984 by George Orwell. Amazing read!
  • Hayls20Hayls20 Member Posts: 21 Connected
    Just curious to know if anyone has read “This is not a love scene”? Very rare to find fiction with disabled YAs!
    I haven't but thank you for the recommendation @Hayls20
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
  • Emily_Emz33Emily_Emz33 Member Posts: 16 Courageous
    Hi everyone. I'm such a book worm, I read at every chance I get and I cant sleep at night if I've not read my book for an hour or so 🙂 

Lockdown hasn't been any different for me to be honest because I cant go out much anyway so I guess its not effected me too much. Its just frustrating know even the option to be taken out has been taken away so my reading time has been the same really. But I read a lot 📚😍

I wanted to let you know about the latest book I've just finished...and so quickly because I just couldn't put it down. Its such a page turner...Peter May 'The Silent Death' Its fast paced, and you always want to know what happens next. So if you like a good crime book then this is definitely one for you 😉 
    Emily 
    Coffin Road by Peter May was a good read,as was The Lewis Man. 
    Thanks for the recommendation both! Can't say I've ever read anything from Peter May before.

@Emily_Emz33: what's next on your list?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 849 Pioneering
    I like this book too. I first read an extract from it during a school exam and then I went to find the whole book to read it. I agree it is a really good book but quite sad. I also like his book Animal Farm. :)
    66Mustang said:
    I like this book too. I first read an extract from it during a school exam and then I went to find the whole book to read it. I agree it is a really good book but quite sad. I also like his book Animal Farm. :)
    Oh,God. So many on here actually remember doing the George Orwell books as exams? 

And there was me thinking i was old! Lol. ;)  
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 849 Pioneering
    gaz1960 said:
    66Mustang said:
    Oh,God. So many on here actually remember doing the George Orwell books as exams? 

And there was me thinking i was old! Lol. ;)  
    Hehehe :D
    Animal Farm is a great read as well! 1984 though is my favourite. Its amazing that so much of the book is like a glimpse almost into our present day
    Can still remember what my English teacher put as my exam results about 1984 and Animal Farm. 

:/

Guess my interpretation was too true to what has actually happened! 

She said it was just too much fiction! OMG ! 

• Emily_Emz33Emily_Emz33 Member Posts: 16 Courageous
    @Adrian_Scope Anything by Peter May is a great read, definitely recommended author.
    I've Just finished normal people....so many were banging on about it so had to jump on the band wagon 😂 Now however I am reading Ollie Ollertons 'Battle Ready' I'm guessing u know the one from SAS? Its an interesting read and actually gives u ways of looking at ur life right now and making those changes youve been putting off etc...after that it'll be book 5 of the Outlander series! Love it! 
    Emily 
  • CJ61CJ61 Member Posts: 47 Courageous
    Still Alice by Lisa Genova.
    It's about a highly respected lady professor of linguistics contracting Early Onset Dementia. They made this into a film which was rubbish!

On a lighter note
    The Spenser series by Robert B Parker.
    A Private Investigator in Boston. 

The Colour of Law by Mark Giminez.

I read 'easy reads' like James Patterson, Michael Connolly, Lynda La Plante, John Grisham and my favourite is Peter James as i live near where his novels are set and I recognise all the places he writes about.
    I read about 5 books a week. Thank goodness for Ebay.
    Never read real literature. Bit beyond me.

Well as political satire goes Enter The Aardvark was short, biting and very funny. 

Now onto this.

CJ61 said:
    Still Alice by Lisa Genova.
    It's about a highly respected lady professor of linguistics contracting Early Onset Dementia. They made this into a film which was rubbish!

On a lighter note
    The Spenser series by Robert B Parker.
    A Private Investigator in Boston. 

The Colour of Law by Mark Giminez.

I read 'easy reads' like James Patterson, Michael Connolly, Lynda La Plante, John Grisham and my favourite is Peter James as i live near where his novels are set and I recognise all the places he writes about.
    I read about 5 books a week. Thank goodness for Ebay.
    Never read real literature. Bit beyond me.

Just finished reading his latest book, Find Them Dead,DS Roy Grace. Read all his books, i live near where one of his book was set,name change of the village,Polesworth  to Polesford. Michael Connelly, great writer,Harry Bosch series. Read all his books,and all James Patterson.  

If anyone is interested in books,there's a great place to visit. 
    Astley book farm, near Nuneaton.  
    I went for the first time on the day they reopened after lockdown.  

Place is a goldmine for books. 
    Prices are good,average £2 -£3 per book,even hardbacks. 

And they have a great cafe. :) 

http://www.astleybookfarm.com

• leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 548 Pioneering
    Ghost in the machine by Arthur Koestler. Non fiction.
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 1,140 Pioneering
    edited July 20
    Invasion by D C Alden part one of a trilogy
    Got the latest Mark Billingham book today,"Cry Baby",the Tom Thorne series. 
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 548 Pioneering
    The classics Robinson Crusoe and Moby Dick
  • calsiamcalsiam Member Posts: 17 Connected
    I love the Alex Cross books by James Patterson and anything by Harlan Coben. 
    What are people reading at the moment? :)
    Community Partner
    Scope
    @Chloe_Scope I'm currently reading the kite runner it's an amazing read!
    Written in Blood.......Chris Carter. 
    @Chloe_Scope I'm currently reading the kite runner it's an amazing read!
    I've heard good things about this book @HunrerHenners
    Community Partner
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.