Help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

OSCAR1
OSCAR1 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
Hi can anyone help me on SDP (severe disability premium) it's all confusing looking on ni_direct it says.. You must get the disability premium or income related ESA or income support and one of the following benefits standard or enhanced daily living component of PIP I get i/r esa and get enhanced rate of daily living for pip does anybody now if I should be getting anything higher than the £24.10 Disability income Guarantee on my ESA thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

To be eligible for the SDP you must live alone or be classed as living alone (no over 18's living with you) unless they claim a qualifying benefit which can be either PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or Attendance allowance. No one must be claiming either carers allowance or carers element of Universal credit for looking after you.

I note that you're receiving the disability income guarantee which is Enhanced disability premium of £24.10 per week. This is couples rate of EDP, i'm assuming you're living with a partner?

The other disability premium is not payable when claiming ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • OSCAR1
    OSCAR1 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Thank you poppy ??

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.