Cornovirus — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cornovirus

Options
giorgie
giorgie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
What should my disabled son do

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

There's plenty of advice for what to do and what not to do on the internet. This is a good advice link. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JenCo
    JenCo Community member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    Options
    Wash your hands regularly and properly (link provided for best practice).
    https://www.who.int/gpsc/clean_hands_protection/en/

This will at least reduce his chances of getting the virus :)
    The guide above has images which are easier to follow than some of the instruction I've read so far.

Hope this helps
  • giorgie
    Options
    Sorry I didt make it clear my son who has muscular dystrophy will be 40 and we have organised a party which there is 150 attending on Saturday what should we do 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Only you can make the decision. If you have hand santiser put some by the entrance and ask them to use it when they enter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JenCo
    JenCo Community member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    Options
    Hand sanitser is a good idea @poppy123456
    I think hugs at a 40th are unavoidable but maybe tell him avoid the kisses from well wishers ;)

So long as he (and hopefully your guests) use common sense you should be ok.
    Is it at home or in a hired venue?
    Either way, maybe signs in the bathroom about proper handwashing techniques would be a good idea. 

I'd also advise avoiding finger food if possible.
    Limit food touching hands directly to lower the chances of transferring viruses.

Gosh, it's a tough one. How do you Coronavirus-proof a big party? o.O
  • giorgie
    Options
    Thanks it just a terrible worry we were told when he was 8 that he wouldn’t live longer than 18 so this is a big achievement for him  we are already getting guests cancelling one which is his 91 year old grand father who is scared to go which is sad for him but once again I thank you for all your replies if anybody thinks of anything else I can do please email 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.