Pip Review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Review

Options
rrobboj35
rrobboj35 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi there everyone, hope you're all well, I've just joined the group so that I can get helpful feedback from everybody. 
In 2014,I had a left hip replacement due to chronic arthritis, it was bone on bone.
Since then after numerous x-rays and mri scans, seeing orthopaedic.,rheumatology, pain clinic, GP, physiotherapist, acupuncture. I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both knees, right hip and bottom three discs in my spine, taking gabapentin, paracetamol, tramadol, naproxen for the constant pain, also over the last 3-4 weeks I am now getting sciatica in my back, and down my left leg.
I've seen GP who has given me sick note for 2 weeks, I work in a supermarket on customer service /cigarette lottery counter, so I don't have to deal with any heavy lifting. I'm still in alot of pain with the sciatica and really worried about going back to work, and how long the sciatica flare up will last.
I was reassessed for PIP in 2017(January) and it runs out in December 2020,anyone know when I will be reassessed it used to be a year before your award expires.
 I also have a motability car and the lease runs out in August. Questions that I need help with are when will I hear from the DWP about my current PIP award, what will happen regarding my car and how long does sciatica take to get better. 
I would like to add that the orthopaedic surgeon advised me that my right knee and right hip are getting worse but not bad enough for surgery. I'm having to live with taking gabapentin, paracetamol and tramadol every day and it takes me two to three hours to get mobile every morning. 
Can anyone help me with the above it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance... 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

PIP reviews now take place 6 months before the award is due to end and not 12 months before. So it will very likely be June they send you the review forms.

When you do receive the forms, i'd advise you to fill them in with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Your mobility vehicle. To order another car you must have at least 12 months left on the PIP award. This means that if a decision hasn't been made by the time your lease is due to expire you won't be able to order another car. You will be able to extend the lease on your current one, without any problems at all, you just need to ring motability nearer the time to ask them. They are usually very helpful.

Once a decision's been made on your review, if you're successfully awarded again then you'll be able to order another vehicle.

How long does sciatica take to get better? that depends on the individual person and we are all different.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, the PIP reviews are now being undertaken 6 months before award dates end. As you posted your end date is December expect a review pack June. July time. Start now putting collecting evidence, reports ready to send with your Pip review all recent medical, doctors, reports and treat this as a new claim giving examples of what happened or happens each time you try or attempt any of the PIP descriptors. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.