Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Concerned about the Coronavirus?

We've put together some helpful information and advice about Covid-19 on our website.

You can also read about: improving your wellbeing, getting food and essentials and claiming benefits during this time.

New Style ESA application process

Hello everyone I’m just looking for some help please regarding the new style ESA application process if possible 

we applied over the phone on behalf of my partner at the beginning of febuary and she had a home visit from the local job centre on 27th February 2020 to collect all her paperwork etc 

She had all the paperwork returned a few days later but haven’t heard anything since about the application 

she’s still on SSP until the 6th May so we’re not due any money from ESA but I’m just looking to see exactly what’s supposed to happen next ? As I don’t want to leave it until May and then find out we have done something wrong or should have had notifications etc so just trying to get everything in order 

any help or guidance would be great to put our minds at ease thank you 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 18,500 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Your partner should receive a letter from DWP at some point telling them when payment will start and how much they will receive. As they are receiving SSP until 6th May the letter from DWP may take quite a few weeks, especially now because backlogs will be even more. If they don't receive anything by middle of April i'd advise your partner to ring them.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.