Does LCWRA mean I get extra money? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does LCWRA mean I get extra money?

peanutsmum13
peanutsmum13 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi looking for some help clarification as spoken to universal credit a few times and I'm getting conflicting information, I have been found to have a lcwra had my assessment on 13th Feb 2020, claimed universal credit on 19th November 2019 but have not heard when or if I'm getting extra money..I did get extra money through tax credits as I was up until Christmas able to work. Can anyone help so confused guy I spoke to today saying even if you have a lcwra it doesn't mean that you get any extra money it depends on how many points you scored but I've not even had any feedback from. Assessment other that a letter in my journal saying that I had lcwra.

Thanks any advice would be great

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

You need to make sure the decision in Limited capability for work and work related activity (LCWRA) and not just limited capability for work (LCW)

If it's definitely LCWRA then you will receive an extra £336 per month from the 4th month of your claim, from when you sent your first fit note.

If it's just LCW then you won't receive any extra money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • peanutsmum13
    peanutsmum13 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi thanks for your reply it is lcwra thank you for your clarification
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @peanutsmum13. You should be entitled to the extra £336 a month then. Do you know when you reported your first fit note? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.