Anybody else in a similar situation? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anybody else in a similar situation?

amyread1994
amyread1994 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have 3 children 2 of which have special needs, my eldest is being assessed for ASD, ADHD she also had alot of struggles with anxiety and depression. We are having quite a few problems with her as we are d=finding the support is next to none as the funding has been cut and the school dont want to pay for relevant support network. 
My other child with extra needs is my youngest he is 5 years old and he has brain damage, we are pretty sure he is autistic too. He struggles with learning in school, social development and vision. He does though recive 25 1:1 support in school. 
I wanted to join the online community here to see if there is anybody else in a similar situation as i dont have many friends. 
Thank look forward from hearing from somebody.  

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @amyread1994 and welcome to the community. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time finding support for your eldest. I've been in a similar situation with my younger daughter. We've had to fight for years to get support for her and unfortunately it seems this is quite common. We finally seemed to have got somewhere just recently, but now the schools are closed and all her appointments are cancelled, which has left us in the lurch a bit!

Many of our members have found themselves in similar situations, so I hope the community will be of some support to you. You're also more than welcome to jump in and get chatting with people in our recent discussions.

Hope to see you around the community!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    A very warm welcome to the community @amyread1994!

Thank you for sharing and I'm sorry you are struggling to get support. Just wanted to check in to see how you were getting on. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.