Thoughts on technology and can it cause anxiety — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thoughts on technology and can it cause anxiety

Options
JennieApple38
JennieApple38 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
I am almost finished with an intensive teaching training program and I still feel like it is 1999 and technology is not the best thing out there. I kinda think I get anxiety using it. Sometimes, I wonder why I get so annoyed because I am using a good working macbook pro that is always working its just that now I have files covering up my home screen. What do you do to deal with technology cluttering up your mental space?
Follow the passion that is within you  B) 
The truth will set you free

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,620 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like to have my desktop nice and tidy but like you it gets completely filled up with files and mostly screenshots (I am always taking screenshots of things I want to remember, instead of making a note). What I do once a month or so is just make a folder called for example “Desktop 20th March” and put everything in it, and then start over with a fresh desktop.
  • JennieApple38
    JennieApple38 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    Ahhh, that makes sense!
    Very interesting
    Follow the passion that is within you  B) 
    The truth will set you free
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    it`s great when it works right...if not I haven't a clue!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,971 Scope online community team
    Options
    I get like this as well sometimes @JennieApple38. As I become busier, my desktop (and brain) becomes more and more overcrowded. I think staying on top of the organisation of things really helps me. Having a little tidy, rearranging things into folders of relevance just helps me to compartmentalise everything and feel like I have some control over the situation, freeing up a little headspace to tackle each project.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.