Pip and Mobility — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and Mobility

LorneNail50
LorneNail50 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I would like to say hello to all.
I would all so like to ask if I can get mobility car, I am not on Enhanced rate as of yet, I am asking for my claim to be looked at again. I have been awarded standard daily living  £58.70 and as of Nov Standard Mobility £23.20. I was given 10 points as I can not walk more than 50 metres, I have a carer who will do my medication run's, doctor's, chemist pick up, remind me to take on time, and all so help with me getting out, PIP have said I can manage my treatment, so 0 point's, Mixing with other people 0 point's, I can't get out to mix with people, if I wanted to. I have COPD and in the last 3 months been to North Mid Hospital 4 time's spending a total of 9 day's. I have been out of the flat a total of 7 times since December, walking to use the Loo has me having breathing fit's. I get £80+ a week just with PIP and would give it all up, just to have the joy to be able to get out, and do some thing. Is there any one I can talk to? I am getting to depressed I am having fit's of uncontrollable crying, that in turn make's breathing worse. This is just one thing that happen's daily.
Thank you if you feel you can help.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

To exchange your mobility award for the vehicle you need to be claiming Enhanced mobility. As you are currently receiving standard mobility then you won’t be able to have the mobility vehicle.

Hope this helps and if you have any further questions please do ask. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
     I am getting to depressed I am having fit's of uncontrollable crying, that in turn make's breathing worse. This is just one thing that happen's daily.
    Thank you if you feel you can help.
    I can't help as such but I know full well how debilitating COPD is. In my case I have to avoid all TV and films that could make me laugh!! There just isn't the volume of oxygen that you would need in the lungs.
    And as for the last PIP assessment the assessor made no mention of being out of breath etc. However she had me measure my lung capacity - Spirometry test three times. all three came out at 240. Then she wrote that I purposely sabotaged the results!! Rather strange that was, my respiratory nurse knows full well that it is so low and has warned me that if it get to 200 I should telephone 999. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.