Pip assessor lied — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessor lied

cjd
cjd Community member Posts: 9 Listener
So I had my assesment in January I wasnt comfortable with the women and I was also unwell with an abscess in my mouth so I couldnt really open my jaw much to talk anyway
I had my report back i was awarded the same amount as last time which is good but the women had put that i dont prepare food and do my washing I certainly do I have always done it all but shes obviously gone off on what she saw because I was I'll my mum came over on her day off unloaded my washing and took food out of my oven for me while I was speaking to the women. 
Do I report this or just leave it? I'm a mum so obviously I'm now worrying if shes made me look bad. I'm an amazing mum just to add 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @cjd, I would just let the matter rest you got your award that you expected and accept it as fair and justified so trying to get a possible mistake, misunderstanding from the assessor amended or reported to me is a stressful experience you need not put yourself through. Stay safe during this virus crises 
  • cjd
    Thank you I'll just leave it, I stress about everything even the littlest things so I wont put myself through that stress thank you for your reply, the same goes for you keep safe
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I honestly don’t think there’s anything wrong here and I really wouldn’t worry too much about it. No one is saying you’re not a good mum. Lots of people need some help and support with daily living activities but it doesn’t mean they are a bad mum.

Im a single mum and have been since my children were very small. They are grown up now and have lives of their own. I’ve had a disability since they were small but it definitely didn’t mean I was a bad mum.

Hope this helps
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I would agree that if you are happy with the award just forget it and move on 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• cjd
    Thank you for your reply, I'll just leave it as I got the award I had last time.
    I'm a worrier when it comes to anything even the little things so just wanted to double check thank you for putting my mind at ease
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    You’re welcome. Preparing a meal is one of the activities of the PIP descriptors but it doesn’t mean you’re not a good mum. Glad I helped! 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cjd
    I can prepare meals ect but the women put down that I couldnt so I was just abit confused as to why 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.