Parents and carers
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Coronavirus

dafstadafsta Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 25 in Parents and carers
Hiya all. I have a disabled son who is in the vulnerable category. My wife is his full time career as he needs full time support. I work full time as a builder for a small building company with about 8 lads. At the moment I don’t know what to do regards work because unless we go on full lockdown I don’t get 80% of my wage. So where do I stand. I don’t want to go to work then come home and possibly pass anything on. He is in lockdown for 12 weeks should I be aswell. Thanks for any advice
Tagged:

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 20,020 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You work with other people, who could be seeing other people their self. I'm actually very surprised that you're boss is still expecting you to work. Working with 8 people and going home at the end of each day means you could very likely pass it onto your wife and son. So yes, you either need to move out, or not work. If you remain living in the family home then you need to self isolate your whole family.

Hope this helps.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 7,481 Scope community team
    Hello @dafsta. I hope you're keeping well. Have you made any decision regarding work and isolation? 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.