Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Check you're happy with the email notifications you're receiving.
• Have a look at how the community will be changing its appearance.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Feeling Anxious

Tommyb92Tommyb92 Community champion Posts: 67 Courageous
edited April 30 in Disabled people
Hi Everyone, just want to say I’m still around. Life has kind of got in the way and now COVID-19 is here I’m feeling rather anxious as I currently work for the NHS, I am in the part of the NHS where I have to clean ventilators and other respiratory equipment. I also have my condition (Hydrocephalus and Cerebrospinal fluid). I’m kind of anxious about having to clean ventilators that may be infected by the Patients and how it may affect me.

I have tried to do a bit of research but cant find anything about it having an effect on my condition. I spoke to my managers and said I feel slightly uncomfortable about doing this at the moment and they are understanding. They said they would need to speak to their manager and Occy Health about what I would be able to do in this situation. I think what I’m feeling is just the fear of the unknown as no one really quite understands it yet and this is I think what I’m afraid of. 
Tagged:

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.