NI query — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NI query

Options
jelios
jelios Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Been on IR esa since moving from IB my annulty pension is all taking off me. Drawdown pension sum the tried to take it off me. Lucky I bought sofa new bed TV and essential home repairs which satisfied DWP.   Point is a few years ago i was given a certificate saying i was all paid up with class 1 pension (state). Severely disabled enhanced pip on both parts. CR esa was refused, the reason why that i never had enough NI contributions. So on 1 hand am all paid up, then next thing i have got no NI. Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,066 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Sorry but i'm a little confused by what exactly you're asking here. When claiming ESA your NI credits are automatically paid. For the new state pension you only need 35 years of NI Contributions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jelios
    Options
    Apologies for confusion, i have got 35 years NI contributions, i was put on IR esa from IB my query was why i was not put on CR esa, as my pension annuity and drawdown pension are taking off me. Thanks

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,066 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Everyone that transferred from IB to ESA were placed onto Contributions based (CB) ESA. CB always comes first. Some were assessed for the Income related top up and if they qualified they would have had extra a top of the CB ESA.

When you transferred across if you were placed into the work related activity group (WRAG) then CB was only paid for 1 year. Towards the end of that year you would have been assessed for Income related and if you qualified you would have moved over from CB to Income Related.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jelios
    Options
    Yes maybe that was the case and later i went onto the support group. Just felt letdown because i was paying a lot of pension before i become disabled and now being penalised for trying to save for the future. Thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.