Hi, my name is twiggy666! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is twiggy666!

Options
twiggy666
twiggy666 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 2020 in Start here and say hello!
Hello everyone xx ?  
Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @twiggy666 - Welcome to this very friendly & supportive community, & thank you for joining. Is there anything we may be able to help you with? :)
  • twiggy666
    Options
    Ty for a nice warm welcome. I was waiting for a transplant but it’s been cancelled for two weeks , and I’m in isolation for 12 weeks and I’m really struggling with being lonely and I feel so sad xxx
  • bonnielassie
    bonnielassie Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
    Options
    Hi twiggy666.  Is this the first time you've had feelings like this? It's a difficult time for everybody at the moment. That why is so helpful to discuss your feelings on here - maybe it'll stop you feeling sad.
  • twiggy666
    Options
    Hi bonnielassie if I’m honest I was already terrified about the transplant but now it’s been cancelled and I’m in isolation I’m struggling with my mental well-being if I’m honest. Have been crying a lot xx
  • bonnielassie
    bonnielassie Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
    Options
    Do you live on your own twiggy666? Is there anybody you can talk to about your feelings?
  • twiggy666
    Options
    I live with my son who’s autistic. My sister in law is really good but it’s so hard being in isolation and I suffer with ptsd so I find it very difficult to FaceTime or talk on the phone XX 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @twiggy666 - This time must be so very difficult for you, & awaiting a transplant, then having it postponed must be awful. I can appreciate that. I'm pleased you've joined us all, as we try to help & support each other, now more than ever. Please do chat here any time, as this lovely community will do its best to support you as you're now a valued member.
    I'll also ask my friend @thespiceman for his advice as he has an extensive knowledge about mental health issues. I hope we can give you the strength to help you get through this.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @twiggy666   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you to my friend @chiarieds for contacting me.

Pleasure to advise and help.

Thank you for joining and sharing, sorry to hear this.

Please may I suggest if you experiencing difficulties with your mental health . Please contact the following mental health charities.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk

https://www.mind.org.uk

https://www.rethink.org

Please have a look at the websites . All offer floating support and lots of information, advice on benefits, wellbeing and health.

Please if I can add your not alone you done the right thing contacted the community.

To give you reassurance I am always here every day and if you need to talk be supportive, offer compassion.

Please if I can advise or you need to know anything.

Please ask me get in touch.

Please take care and keep safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.