Carer's allowance
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Check you're happy with the email notifications you're receiving.
• Have a look at how the community will be changing its appearance.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

ADULT DEPENDENCY INCREASE STOPPING

Minton22Minton22 Member Posts: 7 Listener
edited April 30 in Carer's allowance
Hi, have been receiving Carer's Allowance with an increase called the Adult Dependency Increase. We are in our 50's and have just been told that the ADI of our carers allowance is stopping on 5 April.  I know that the ADI paid to people in receipt of Pension credit was stopping in April but does the stoppage affect those not receiving Pension based benefits? Thank you in advance for any advice on this.

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 661 Pioneering
    ADI was closed to new claimants in 2010, would universal credit now be an option? tbh i'm not sure but somebody will answer that one for you.
  • Minton22Minton22 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thanks @ woodbine. I was aware that ADI was stopped for new claimants in 2010.  

My question is whether ADI of Carers Allowance is being stopped for claimants receiving ESA (IB).  I understand that its stopping for people receiving Pension Credit.

Thanks
  • 1965zulu1965zulu Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi there
    I also have had the allowence stopped
    I am 55.i was told in may when I received the letter that the 37.50 shortfall would be made up with extra income support.after 6hrs on hold to the  dwp still non the wiser.i will try again tomorrow and update you on any news
  • Minton22Minton22 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi @1965zulu. Thank you. Yes I discovered that all Adult Dependency increases paid in any benefit stopped on 5 April. Initially I thought it referred to pension credit payments but it refers to all benefits.  Hope you get yours sorted out. Thanks for replying.
Sign in or join us to comment.