Universal Credit afraid of phone — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal Credit afraid of phone

TeddyB22
TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
I've been trying for 8 days to get in touch with Universal Credit. I went to an appointment arranged to get a new PNS number but they sent me away and gave me their helpline number. They will not answer the phone just tell you to get in touch via your online journal but there is no one you can contact online with email or Facebook or twitter to do this. Shambles. 
I was due a payment on Friday but didn't receive it. I've had no notifications either. I'm worried now I've been sanctioned. Just wondering what I can do? 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @TeddyB22. You'll need to keep trying to call them. They have condensed their phone opening hours and it can still take hours to get through. Is there anyone that's able to help you call them?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • TeddyB22
    I've asked my brother to send a note on his journal but I'll be surprised if he does this.
    You get through and it just rings off. No option to leave a message nothing. 
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    TeddyB22 said:
    I've asked my brother to send a note on his journal but I'll be surprised if he does this.
    You get through and it just rings off. No option to leave a message nothing. 

I had the same well before the lockdown, can't get through to anyone on the phone except for income support (which i've been taken off now i started a claim for UC). Nobody is answering the journals either now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    With more than 1 million people claiming UC in the past 2 weeks, i'm not at all surprised that no one can get through.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • TeddyB22
    I didn't mean to sound flippant. I realise there are people out there worse off and suffering. I hope they get the help they deserve. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @TeddyB22. You didn't sound flippant at all. I can completely understand why you'd be concerned as you've not received your money and are struggling to contact them. 
    Unfortunately as your brother is a separate claim they won't be able to help you via his journal. You will need to keep on trying to call them. It can take a long time to get through but keep on trying. 
    They're open 9.30am - 3.30pm this week so call as soon as you can after 9.30am.

Please let me know how you get on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • TeddyB22
    Thanks Adrian. I'll keep trying. Hope you and Poppy are well. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.