So, has anyone received an email from a supermarket about being being a vulnerable person? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

So, has anyone received an email from a supermarket about being being a vulnerable person?

wild_one
wild_one Community member Posts: 95 Connected
Just wondered if anyone that has received 'the letter' about their extreme vulnerability subsequently received a letter from a supermarket offer priority delivery slots? I noticed on the Asda website they mention sending out emails supplied from the Gov to people identified on the list. I've not had any emails as yet, do they need to be 'nudged' into sending them or will they arrive in their own good time at some point?
Tagged:

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm hoping they will send them soon, there must be millions to be due to send out. Fingers crossed it's not too long though.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • neuromum4
    neuromum4 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Good afternoon, I got one from Asda and another with a 6 month priority pass from them too.

I also managed to get a delivery slot from Sainsburys.

But in future I will use Asda as Sainsbury's charged me £6 for delivery!!!!!
  • wild_one

neuromum4 said:
    Good afternoon, I got one from Asda and another with a 6 month priority pass from them too.

I also managed to get a delivery slot from Sainsburys.

But in future I will use Asda as Sainsbury's charged me £6 for delivery!!!!!
    If you don't mind me asking, how long from receipt of the letter did you have to wait for the email?
  • neuromum4
    I was surprised as I have not got a letter yet. 
    I got an email, which I was told was standard by others who are also disabled.

I did write to MP and sent my own emails.

I had been trying to get shopping for 4 weeks.

• wild_one
    neuromum4 said:
    I was surprised as I have not got a letter yet. 
    I got an email, which I was told was standard by others who are also disabled.

I did write to MP and sent my own emails.

I had been trying to get shopping for 4 weeks.

I think they are being issued in 'chunks'. My next door neighbour had his weeks back?
  • bigjock123
    bigjock123 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    I received an email from Sainsburys telling me i was classed as a vulnerable customer & would be a priority for delivery slots, i even got a delivery the very next day.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @neuromum4 Pleased to meet you.

Costs vary as any delivery service but what you need to do is look on any web site and look for Saver plans.

I use TESCO delivery saver per month shop many times as you like £6.99.

Other plans TESCO do mid week saver Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday £3.49

Many times as you want to shop.

Other supermarkets do a range of saver plans. When you first enquiry signing up please may I suggest terms and conditions, delivery costs any schemes saver plans.

OCADO do £10.99 per month smart pass . Sainsbury do NECTAR card and so on Club Card TESCO 

AMAZON PRIME account costs £7.99 a month again shop many times you like.

Another tip is apply newsletters sign up for information lets you know deals savers offers.

Anything else priority slots Holidays .

I have since doing on line shopping is to read the small print the contract the service what you are expected to receive and do.

I know some supermarkets obviously will charge but you reduce this by joining schemes, as suggested.

Does help please if you have any questions please ask me happy to help.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • neuromum4
    Hi thespiceman,
    Pleased to meet you too.

I think my message may not have been clear.
     I am not new to home shopping and used sainsburys for years and I have amazon prime etc.

I am housebound now and sometimes even can't get out of bed.

I know about all the passes etc.
    Thank you for the information.

The point I was trying to make is that the very vulnerable shopping for those on the government list have been given a free 6 month pass from Asda.
    Sainsbury's did not.

I remember when I used to buy from sainsburys and anything over £100 would have free delivery.

My shop was well over £300, we are a family of 5 and I do 1 big shop a month then 2 smaller ones. I just think because I have the free pass from Asda that will work better for me.

Take care
    Neuromum4
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @neuromum4   Thank you for sharing with me sorry to hear housebound.

Please how can I help always have a wealth of information, advice organisations.

Charities and welfare.

Please you are a valued member of our community.

We are supportive offer compassion empathy.

Wish to add can help with recipes budget eats cheap eats lots on the forum, I do this a lot.

To help members and make food groceries go further especially in these times of struggle.

Please ask me anytime.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • neuromum4
  • wild_one
    Still waiting?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.