PIP Rejection and Moving onto Mandatory Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Rejection and Moving onto Mandatory Reconsideration

milrob07
milrob07 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Everyone

I'm new here but I have read a few posts which have been a help so far.

My partner has had fibromyalgia for the last 4 years and finally got a conclusive diagnosis last year so she applied for PIP and had a home face to face visit with me accompanying her to which we thought, mistakenly, that it wouldn't be a problem. This was obviously before reading any information about it (schoolboy error). She got scored 0.

Having read the report it is riddled with lies (not just white lies) and I have to say i'm shocked. I've picked it to pieces in the Mandatory Reconsideration letter for my partner and explained why each applicable factor should be scored appropriately. Is there much chance of Mandatory Reconsideration working or is it worth preparing for tribunal whilst we are in lockdown?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @milrob07 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear about your partner's experience with the PIP assessor.  Sadly a lot of other members have had a similar experience also.  You may find the following Scope information helpful around PIP -

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/

Some of our members or one of the Scope Team may be able to advise you best as there are some members with good knowledge of PIP.  Meantime, I wish you and your partner all the very best with your PIP claim.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @milrob07 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'm sorry to read about your partner's problems with her PIP claim. As Ails says, unfortunately we see people in this community having had a similar experience, finding 'inaccuracies' in their assessment report.
    She has nothing to lose by asking for a MR, but don't mention these inaccuracies, rather concentrate on which activities she should have scored points on, which I hope it seems you've done if you've sent it off. If you haven't sent it yet, it's a good idea to give a couple of examples for each activity detailing the functional difficulties (at the time of her assessment) that she faced, eg. why was it difficult, what happens if attempted, how often do these difficulties occur (which needs to be more than 50% of the time). Also can she do each problematic activity 'reliably' bearing in mind with fibro, does it cause pain, or fatigue afterwards, can it be repeated as often as one would normally be expected able to do this, etc.
    Whether the MR has been sent, or not, it might be helpful to look at the relevant parts of the following lengthy link.
    Unfortunately less than 1 in 5 MRs are successful, so you may have to consider a tribunal. Waiting times for these were 1+ years before Covid-19.
    If you have need any other help with this, there's usually someone here to help/advise. Good luck. :)

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @milrob07, is there anything else we can do to help? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.