Any help please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any help please

Options
Swindon51
Swindon51 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Morning last wage from employer 14:2:20 now spent .started a PIP New claim by Phone 28:2:20 received Claim form and with help from CAB filled it form 3+ hours and posted back to DWP Wolverhampton for processing 26:3:20 received txt msg saying form received and to await further details now 16:4:20 and still no news I'm 51 single suffering from BiPolar diagnosed about  20 yrs ago my main carer is my brother who now has to stay home for 3 months and shield as he is  Type 2 diabetic and severe asthmatic  any help please 

Comments

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi - @Swindon51 welcome to the community - it’s good you are reaching out! I :smile:  think you will get more help from the PIP board and also @Joanne_Scope. It might be worth calling them again, getting back in touch with the CAB or even putting it on Twitter (sounds silly but it works). If you are having financial issues you might also contact the Money Advice Service 0800 138 7777. Let us know how you get along.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Swindon51 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear about your DWP struggles at the moment.  I hope you find the above information and advice which @Abdi_Scope has suggested above to be helpful.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.  I wish you well with everything.  If we can be of any further help/support then please let us know.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Swindon51 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I'm sorry to read about the difficulties you're facing. Unfortunately due to Coronavirus, if this was your first PIP claim, it could take some time.
    I wonder if you might try the following benefits checker to see if you are eligible to claim any additional benefits.
    See: https://www.entitledto.co.uk/   there is also some info on their website which may be useful.
    I hope this helps, & please say if you have any more questions. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.