Has anybody got dropfoot through a trapped nerve caused by a damaged disc? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anybody got dropfoot through a trapped nerve caused by a damaged disc?

chasmac
chasmac Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Has anybody got dropfoot through a trapped nerve caused by a damaged disc. I had an op a few weeks ago to release my nerve and although I am not in any pain now I still have dropfoot I have been told it can take months before it might get better or i could have it for the rest of my life has anybody been through the same sort of thing 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chasmac and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear about your dropfoot.  I hope this improves for you over time, but glad you are no longer in pain.  I'm unsure if any of our members have dropfoot also, but if there are some members then they may well get in touch with you on here and share their experiences with you.  We all have varying disabilities and health conditions on the Community and we support each other with these and we are here to support you also.  So please feel free to chat to us anytime as there will always be someone on here to talk to. 

You may find our virtual coffee lounge a good place to chat to members also.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and look forward to seeing you on here.  If there is anything you need help/support with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chasmac - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'm unable to help with your query, but possibly another member might have had a similar operation & may share their experience. I do hope you have a positive outcome even if it does take time. Please do look around the forum & join in with any discussions, &, as Ails says, please also chat here any time, & let us know how you're getting on. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @chasmac! I unfortunately do not have experience of this, I hope someone will be able to help.

Please free to have a chat in our virtual coffee lounge with other members. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.