Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Check you're happy with the email notifications you're receiving.
• Have a look at how the community will be changing its appearance.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

How is everyone doing today?

Tammyjane33Tammyjane33 Member, Community champion Posts: 484 Pioneering
It's friday😁how is everyone doing? I'm awake mega early today so I'm setting up a plan for things I have to do today. Does anyone have a to do list? 

Replies

• emmarenshawemmarenshaw Community champion Posts: 551 Pioneering
    I’m good thank you @Tammyjane33 how are you? I don’t have a to do list but, I am keeping myself busy every day.
  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Tammyjane33   My friend how are you been?

I am organised planned all the time favourite thing no surprise then is my food plans meal plans.

Fridge  we all buy them the veggies need to be made in to sauces the tubs freezer.

Then find used and do go off or way past sell by date.

Besides means freezer padded out with sauces all ready to use.

Freezer fruit to bag up do nor keep in bags but zip or clip bags.

Labelled and mixes.

All the time sparkling hygienic clean sterile work sufaces, stacks of washing up.

Some boogie strut my funky stuff while doing the tasks.

Diary a good tool bit at a time by teatime total cream , mice in their pink furry slippers again after home is scrubbed and clean.

If mice on stilts need to clear home but what helps is the music.

Have to plan for have my favourite song playing Who Can I Turn To When No body Needs me .

In my mind so as on own have to be practical sensible organised no support .

Just you and the lovely community who are my friends.

Best wishes anything can help with we will chat soon PM any time.

Please take care in my prayers.

@thespice

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 6,420 Scope community team
    Hope you're alright @Tammyjane33. My to-do list seems to just get longer as the day goes on! Have you made much progress through yours yet?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 679 Pioneering
    I'm ok thanks finished painting the outside of the house, so will need a new project for next week,i'm sure my good lady will have a few ideas to keep me out of her hair  <3
  • deb74deb74 Member Posts: 604 Pioneering
    Not got any plans this weekend. I am recovering from an ME relapse I had a couple of days ago. I haven't got the energy to do anything. Hopefully I will be back to normal soon.
    Hello @deb74   Sorry to hear this sending best wishes speedy recovery.

Please anything I can advise on please ask me happy to help.

I know is a difficult condition to manage and to cope with so please if I can be helping ask me.

Just have a lot of knowledge and expertise on health and the rest.

Often diet changes and changes in nutrition can be beneficial to coping with ME.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • csno01csno01 Member Posts: 65 Courageous
    Hi TammyJane33,

I hope you are keeping safe and well.

I have a To Do list for most days and find it really helps. Today, I am on task number 2 out of a possible 6. I use my phone to create my lists and I can't remember how many tasks I have set myself for today, although I am trying not to consult my phone all the time as it is not healthy. 

Take care
    CSno1
    Hi @thespiceman. Thanks! I have had me for 7 years and am used to the relapses. The worst thing is not having the energy to do anything. It could be worse at least it hasn't completely taken over my life.
    edited April 18
    Hello @deb74   Thank you reply.

Please have a look at this organisation might help.

https://www.meassociation.org.uk.

Have the following nutritional advice and guidance.

If you doing this well done if not might be worth taking a look.

I know mentioned to me you  had condition for seven years I learnt long time ago little knowledge helps.

I am aware of my own mental health and am learning educating my self after a long time.

Think about whole grains Pasta, Rice and Beans Pulses useful slow energy release.

Porridge and oats useful as well.  Bake Beans on Bake Potatoes I buy those frozen ones good snack attack energy booster.

I use Home made Vegetable soup make a freeze or eat PNB Sandwich whole meal bread and a Apple and Glass Milk if energy low.

Use also fruit as a energy booster, have a bowl of variety.

I use Apples slices cut them up and add handful nuts Walnuts fine if allergies think of eating Cereal. Cornflakes and whole milk or eat Eggs poached no cooking .

Just know energy low want simple things to cook and eat.

Have ideas and happy to suggest anything .

Only suggestion is to use freezer add and make create meals portions for yourself when good days , then always got a meal to eat if tired.

Other advice is to avoid all Caffeine Chocolate, Coffee and Tea.

Alcohol.  Any sugar stuff cakes, biscuits .

Apologise if you do any of this already 

I can help be supportive  if you need to ask me anything.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
    I did some lesson plan preparation today. My maternity leave is almost over. I am back to work next week full time. How are you all? 
    Thanks @thespiceman. I am already a member of the me association and action for me. Preparing meals and putting them in the freezer is a good idea! I felt better last night and thought it was over but I feel worse this morning even typing this is wiping me out!
    Hello @deb74   good to hear hope the charity helps you.

Ideas for you on line websites supermarket are soup veggies already chopped diced sliced for you.

Have in my freezer Leek and Potato onions with Celery added in my self diced.

Butternut Squash Sweet Potato Chilli red onions and added in Carrots.

Roots vegetable soup added others stores.

Need to add stock jars passata I used cheap tomato soup as a stock.

Blitz this up in the blender when cooled down and added to tubs get a liquid soup full of nourishment .

Serve with wholemeal bread .

Wish you well .

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    Thanks @thespiceman. Some great ideas!
  • Tammyjane33Tammyjane33 Member, Community champion Posts: 484 Pioneering
    @emmarenshaw it's good you are keeping busy 😁I'm trying hard to keep my mind busy when my body needs rest like days like today! X
    @thespiceman hope your doing ok, sounds like you are being very productive which is great. Hopefully things get back to normal very soon. I will pm you soon after I've had a sleep. 😁
    Hi @Adrian_Scope I'm doing my best to get through my list slowly but surely. 👍
    @woodbine sounds like you've done really well! Do you know what your next project will be? 😊
    @deb74 I'm so sorry to hear you've had pain I know how it feels. Hope you feel brighter soon 🔆
    @April2018mom I hope you have a lovely week before you're back to work. ❤️
    @csno01 I'm glad you are ok and getting through your to do list. Lists do help don't they 😁x
    Thanks @Tammyjane33. I should be ok in a couple of days. My problem now is I need to get some shopping and as usual at the moment non of the supermarkets have got online deliveries slots available which is making me angry as I am watching the Tesco delivery vans go up and down the road all day. Probably delivering to people who just can't be bothered to que up outside the supermarket for 10 minutes! Oh well I will just have to go to the supermarket and do my shopping and hope it doesn't set me back!
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
    Apologies for the late response @Tammyjane33. I officially went back to work today just over fourteen weeks after giving birth. But it was relatively easy, all I had to do is talk to the whole class for a hour this morning and teach them some maths as well. I used a old math textbook to help me. Then I had to call the current head of the maths department at lunchtime too to discuss the school reopening in September. And this afternoon I sat down and wrote some reminder emails to parents telling them that I have set the pupils two more exercises to do for their homework which must be handed to me the following week. I also provided clear and honest instructions regarding how I wanted them done. By the end of the lesson I was tired out. Seriously. All I wanted them to do was a easy worksheet and watch a video online then attempt half of a exam paper. 
    This evening I am now relaxing with a cup of nice wine. Teaching is very hard work. Tomorrow morning I basically get to do the same with another set. The difference is that I do not have to literally spoon feed or tell this group the answers, they are all a medium ability set thankfully. Their predicted grades are four to six. Not to say that the other lot are lazy however. I cannot leave them alone though. But tomorrow will be easier on me. I teach maths to four or five exam classes a week at a high school. I love it for the most part. 
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 679 Pioneering
    @woodbine sounds like you've done really well! Do you know what your next project will be? 😊
    sunbathing  (in my garden of course0
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 8,360 Scope community team
    I do like a good to-do list! Although, getting to the bottom of them is another thing!

How are you today @Tammyjane33? :)
    Community Partner
    Scope
  • AlisonNettyAlisonNetty Member Posts: 100 Pioneering
    My depression has been playing up. I so want to g out but being on the at risk list I can't go out at all. I've had one flare after another.  So fed up 😩

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 6,420 Scope community team
    Hi @AlisonNetty. Do you have a garden at all? It may do you some good to get a bit of fresh air. I'm sorry you're feeling fed up. It's a very difficult time.
    How are you keeping busy?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    I've been keeping myself busy the last couple if days... thank you for asking Adrian _ Scope 
    Hi everyone sorry for the late reply again I've been in a flare up so I have been sleeping alot, thank you for all your replies and feedback and I hope you are all staying safe. 
    Tammy 💜
  • AilsAils Community champion Posts: 2,214 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tammyjane33, sorry to hear you have been unwell.  I hope you are feeling a bit better now and having a nice weekend.  Yes, keeping safe and trying to keep busy, thanks for asking.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • GrinchyGrinchy Member Posts: 81 Pioneering
    I've done some washing today and tidied around, not feeling 100 % after my seizure yesterday, spent the day online at various places and here to going over old threads, very interesting
    Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well and had a seizure yesterday, @Grinchy.  I hope you feel better soon.  Glad you are enjoying the threads on here.  Yes, they are really good!  Have a nice night!  :smile:
    thanks @Ails, i'll be ok, appreciate it, just wipes me out for a day or two, yes the threads are great, lots of good information, you have a nice night yourself :)
    Thank you, @Grinchy:smile:
    Still dealing with the after effects of that damn virus way back in March. I am better than I was but I am still not back to normal. I think this is going to go on for a while yet! If I had know having the virus was going to affect me this much I would have isolated myself.
    You are in my prayers @deb74! I also hope that you feel better soon. We were originally supposed to go away on Wednesday afternoon for seven days as a family. But that has had to be postponed until mid September due to the lockdown. On Wednesday night my partner and I will have our monthly date night instead.
    We are going to basically pretend that life is normal, play a quick game of cards as a couple, have a small cup of wine and also order a takeout. We may also do some cool art or watch a meaningful film too. I might even dress up but not totally decided yet about that. We will probably also make biscuits or cookies for this weekend. 

Other original ideas for next month's date night welcome.  

What is everyone else doing this week?  
    Hi @April2018mom. Thanks. I have only just seen your message. I am feeling a bit better now but still not quite back to normal yet.
  • jasmineiranijasmineirani Scope Volunteer Posts: 42 Courageous
    Hello I am doing fine today. More than alright because I have just done a meditation video which really helped. 
    Hey, feeling a bit meh! had a couple of seizures today which wipe me out, need to get out and sort my shed so i can do some artwork, just can't get motivated today, well tomorrows another day, see what happens
    Sorry to hear this, @Grinchy.  I hope you feel better soon and able to get on with your artwork.  :smile:
    cheers @Ails just part of life at the minute, i appreciate it, cheers!
    Grinchy said:
    Hey, feeling a bit meh! had a couple of seizures today which wipe me out, need to get out and sort my shed so i can do some artwork, just can't get motivated today, well tomorrows another day, see what happens
    Sorry to read that. You are in my prayers!
    thank you @April2018mom, appreciate it

I am so sorry about the seizures Grinchy. I hope you don't get any today. Have a good day. 
  • MADDOG666MADDOG666 Member Posts: 10 Connected
    I'm still breathing lol
    cheers @jasmineirani, not to bad today, had a lazy day, read a book, not done much at all, which is fine
    What are your plans for today? Anything nice? I am just going to finish up on the computer and then do my word search. 
  • Lauren95Lauren95 Member Posts: 35 Courageous
    Hi tammyjane33  hope your keeping safe and well? I have just fed my reptiles and garden birds and just relaxing this weekend to be honest. What are you up to today? 
    I'm totally fed up with being in. It's been six months now.
    The weather is lovely and would like to go out... but I have to wait for the drs say so or the government.  I'm trying to keep busy but really there is only so much you can do... I'm beyond bored now... having said all that at least I'm keeping safe...
    I'm worried that my granddaughter is going back to school they won't be able to visit me once a week until we find out how safe that is going to be. 
    I have a bad case of depression and already tried killing myself that's why my son pops over with his wife and Erica just to see if I'm ok... its do good to see Erica even if it once a week. I don't let that in but at least I've got to see them. 
    My anxiety goes up every time I hear how many people has died. 
    Just so many people...     
  • csno01csno01 Member Posts: 65 Courageous
    @csno01 I'm glad you are ok and getting through your to do list. Lists do help don't they 😁x
    They certainly do. I hope you are ok. 
    The weather is lovely and would like to go out... but I have to wait for the drs say so or the government.  I'm trying to keep busy but really there is only so much you can do... I'm beyond bored now... having said all that at least I'm keeping safe...
    I'm worried that my granddaughter is going back to school they won't be able to visit me once a week until we find out how safe that is going to be. 
    I have a bad case of depression and already tried killing myself that's why my son pops over with his wife and Erica just to see if I'm ok... its do good to see Erica even if it once a week. I don't let that in but at least I've got to see them. 
    Just so many people...     
    Hi @AlisonNetty, I must be so difficult after being at home for so long. What things have you been doing to keep busy? I know it's mundane after a while, but I'm glad you have reached out and I hope speaking with members can help a little.

The news is frightening to watch. Especially as we have daily briefings that are always on. I try to check the news once a day but I do this online so I can almost censor the things I read. Totally normal to be feeling this way.

I'm glad you are still seeing family. Have you spoken to your GP about your depression recently? It's a really tough time at the moment. If you are struggling with suicidal thoughts then please reach out to someone qualified to help you. This could be Samaritans or your mental health team. If you feel in immediate danger then please call 999. You are important.
    Community Partner
    Scope
    Just so many people...     
    Hi @AlisonNetty, I must be so difficult after being at home for so long. What things have you been doing to keep busy? I know it's mundane after a while, but I'm glad you have reached out and I hope speaking with members can help a little.

The news is frightening to watch. Especially as we have daily briefings that are always on. I try to check the news once a day but I do this online so I can almost censor the things I read. Totally normal to be feeling this way.

I'm glad you are still seeing family. Have you spoken to your GP about your depression recently? It's a really tough time at the moment. If you are struggling with suicidal thoughts then please reach out to someone qualified to help you. This could be Samaritans or your mental health team. If you feel in immediate danger then please call 999. You are important.
     Have my laptop. Colouring app. And I have books for colouring as well. Done the housework. Sat in my garden... 
    Hello everyone! 

Today I woke up and had a mini epiphany. So today after a walk I got the kids to write me a short article about trees in Britain during their English lesson. In math class both of the twins are currently working on the skills of colour and shape recognition using a set of colourful shapes and a abacus to help them. Other than art and geography, I am not doing very much in the way of formal lessons this week. From this week on, all lessons will happen on a ad hoc basis until early September. This is just like last year. 

We are continuing our study of the Bible with a children's copy of the Bible and colour coded notes as well. This week we are focusing on Isaiah instead and memorising a few relevant verses too. I will also read part of a story out to them and we even have a chance to discuss it afterwards. Or I summarise the story in my own words for them. Thanks for the website @Ails it will be very useful in the future! 

Next week I need to get the toy cupboard sorted out. Francesca is doing relatively well health wise. No more procedures for now either. She has another clinic day appointment and urodynamics test coming up. 
    What is the DRS? Never heard of it before. 
    I too like colouring @AlisonNetty! Which app do you use for digital colouring? I love using April which is really easy to do but really relaxing. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope
    @Chloe_Scope
    I use happy colours 
    Saw my granddaughter yesterday. 
    Sun is lovely to see. 
    Good morning everyone. It must of been lovely to see your granddaughter again. My Nan and My uncle are coming to see me this afternoon so that will be nice. I hope your keeping safe and well especially when you go out. 
    I didn't know that. Something that I have learnt. I am also learning how to do sign language as well which is really good to know. At the moment I learning how to do greetings and the alphabet. 
    The sun is out but I'm still not allowed out....oh poo!
    hope everyone has a good day.

Sign in or join us to comment.