Aimee and Bertie's Amazing Charity Wheelbarrow Challenge — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Aimee and Bertie's Amazing Charity Wheelbarrow Challenge

kathyallday
kathyallday Community member Posts: 1 Listener

I am writing to tell you about my amazing daughter Aimee who is raising funds to help vulnerable adults with learning and other disabilities in our area. Aimee has Downs Syndrome and she worked as a volunteer in our local Scope shop in Knaresborough for nearly 2 years until her much loved manager Sandy left.  She also goes to The Gift People, a not for profit social enterprise that provides IT, craft, cookery and woodworking opportunities for their 52 clients who have a range of learning and other disabilities. The organisation like many charities is financially struggling during lockdown and Aimee would be distraught if it closed down. So she decided to do something about it. She is pushing her little dog Bertie in a wheelbarrow up and down our very long gravel drive several times every morning for a month to raise funds. 

I would be delighted if you could share her fundraising efforts on social media. She has raised nearly £1500 in just over 3 days and even has had a donation from America! The more money she raises the more she can do to help vulnerable adults and other organisations.  I would be most grateful if you could also share the link to her Facebook fundraiser page which is 

https://www.facebook.com/donate/973488223070036/?fundraiser_source=external_url

Thank you!  From her very proud Mum, Kathy

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kathyallday    Pleased to meet you .

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Unfortunately our community house rules do not permit crowd funding fundraising asking for donations..

I am sorry and wish your daughter all the success .

Please if you do have any questions please ask the team or contact my self happy to help.

You could contact the helpline .

0808 800 3333

For advice and guidance.

Please take care and keep safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.