Hi, my name is brenda1964! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is brenda1964!

brenda1964
brenda1964 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Well today is hard as i am housebound with no carers as my pip stopped 12 weeks ago 

Comments

• veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    Have you made contact with your local Volunteer group?  Your GP or local church should be able to put you in touch, and they are being incredibly helpful in  most areas.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @brenda1964 and welcome to the community.
    Can I ask if you've put in for a PIP appeal, or if you have any friends and family who might be able to help you with essentials?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @brenda1964 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear about your PIP and the fact you are struggling at the moment.  It is a very difficult time for a lot of people.  I wonder if you have thought about getting in touch with a Covid 19 Mutual Group who can help you with things such as going for shopping, posting letters or even just phoning you for a friendly chat.  There are more and more of these groups being set up to help people every day and you can look up your local group here by simply putting in your postcode, so hope this may help -

https://covidmutualaid.org/

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on and if we can be of any further support/help to you then please just let us know.  Please stay safe and well.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.