I'd love to chat to anyone who needs a friend right now — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'd love to chat to anyone who needs a friend right now

Jonquil
Jonquil Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited April 2020 in Coffee lounge
I am a newbie to this site. I live in SE9 and am a SEN Teaching Assistant. I would love to chat to anyone who needs a friend right now. I'm a brilliant listener, a mother to 2 teenage boys and enjoy listening to music, watching comedy, walking, swimming and am a charity shop addict!

Get in touch if you would like a new friend! Peace! ❤

Comments

• Recoveringrob
    Recoveringrob Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Hi @Jonquil welcome on board! I hope this finds you well.

take care
    Rob
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jonquil - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. Please have a look around the forum, or visit our 'Coffee lounge' (links on the right-hand side of this page) & join in with the discussions. You'll find this is a friendly community, so I really hope you enjoy being here. :)
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Jonquil
                        Welcome to the community and thank you for joining us. Please do take a look around the community and join in with any conversations which may be of interest to you. There are many lovely people on the community. How are you today? Thank you. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome!
    I'm glad you found your way here @Jonquil. If you fancy some light-hearted chatter, just pop over to our coffee lounge and get stuck in!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jonquil and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  How are you today?  I really enjoyed reading your friendly introduction.  I'm sure you will make a very valuable contribution to the forum.  Everyone loves a chat on here so you have come to the right place.  It is a great space to meet new friends and offer/receive support and get lots of lovely company.  So as others have already said, please feel fee to look around and enjoy your time with us.  I'm sure you are going to fit right in!

I too love charity shops so you are in good company already, lol!  

I look forward to seeing you on here and reading more of your posts.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then just please give us a shout.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Great to have you with us @Jonquil
    Scope

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
  • leanne96
    leanne96 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi Jonquil..... I’m very very new to the site.... I do t work mostly for my health issues and it drives me to distraction...... I’ve a son who’s 23 and engaged to a wonderful girl..... I live on the Isle of Wight and they live on the mainland.... I’ve a 10 ur old step daughter, hate that saying :/ ...... my son is a Yamaha accredited music teacher, guitar mostly and bass and few other stringed instruments ..... he’s got a man cave is is currently teaching from home via all sorts of technology .... feel free to msg anytime always happy to chat ... xx
  • Jonquil
    Hi Leanne

Thank you for your message. I've had periods in my life when I haven't been able to work because of my health-they suck! I like to work and I like feeling on my 'A' game. I suffer from bulging discs in my lower back and have had these now for over ten years. The pain can often be so intense that even lying down can have no affect. It can drive me to distraction. 
    I too have two sons -one is 18 and the other is 16. They are both at home with me. The school I work in is closed to all but about 10 children of key workers or who are classed as vulnerable. They got on really well for the first 4 weeks but last Sunday had an arguement and have managed not to talk to each other for a whole week now!! I live in a 2 bedroom flat so that's no mean feat! They are very stubborn and despite my best efforts to get them to make up, neither wants to make the first move. Very annoying for me. 
    Your son sounds a very interesting chap with his musical background. Very commendable. 
    I have only been to the IofW once. It's a beautiful place. Do you have many friends and have you always lived there? 

Jonquil xx
  • littlechef
    littlechef Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Hello I'm new to this site so still need to find my way around so any one what to be my friend and help me  would be grateful .
    I suffer from Myasthenia Gravis as nf1 .
    I'm looking forward to making new friends and chatting soon .
    Stay safe from covid 19 

• Jonquil
    Hello there. I don't know about that disease. Welcome to the site. Where do you live? 

Jonquil 
  • Recoveringrob
    Recoveringrob Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Hi @littlechef. Welcome on board. How are you doing today? 
    Take care
    Rob
  • littlechef
    Take care
    Rob
    Thank you how are you feeling today. 
  • littlechef
    Jonquil said:
    Hello there. I don't know about that disease. Welcome to the site. Where do you live? 

Jonquil 
    Hello my friend I live in the west Midlands how about your self. 
  • littlechef
    Jonquil said:

Jonquil 
    Hello Jonquil 
    Let me tell you a little about myasthenia gravis it's a very rare condition it a musul weakness you also can have difficulty in breathing witch is cauld a crisis situation and you need emergency treatment it can effect your eyes speech and stroke like symptoms. You can end up in a wheelchair. 

Hope you are staying well with this difficult time. Stay safe. 
  • littlechef
    Take care
    Rob
    Thank you how are you feeling today. 
    Hello Rob 
    Thank you for your message I hope you are well and keeping safe. 
    I'm have problems with my breathing but maybe from my health condition my neurogest should be calling me next week fingers crossed she does need to have a long chat on a number of health issues at moment as my doctor can not help me. 

Stay well and safe. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.