Have you ever fallen asleep with a drink in your hand? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have you ever fallen asleep with a drink in your hand?

amzz
amzz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My narcolepsy allows me to do some pretty stupid stuff. But nodding off holding a beverage is my main party trick. I've even mastered holding it steady while I sleep.

Has anyone else ever done this.

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I went through a period of having problems with alcohol and yes this happened to me more than once. Not for over a year now though. :)

I have heard of people nodding off for 10-15 seconds or so while driving!

I think I once feel asleep while riding my bike as a child...
  • Rue
    Rue Community member Posts: 12 Courageous
    I don't have narcolepsy but I can fall asleep anywhere, yet can't sleep at all, the fun of chronic fatigue and insomnia. I've even fallen asleep on a bus, fell off my wheelchair and everybody just left me there and went around me to get off, (did they try to wake me? I have no idea), I want tired before but I certainly was after, also had whopping bruises on my legs.

When it comes to liquids, I fell asleep holding a cup (not really a drink as it was yoghurt with a mountain of crushed medication) passed out before taking it, even ended up lying down. Kid came in, you know when they creep up silently and hover above you waiting for you to stir for god knows how long. Scared the hell out of me, tipped the yoghurt over my face and chest as I completely forgot it was in my hands. My kids can be real quiet when they want to be.
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    I love tea....but I sometimes have an afternoon coffee ....but one night after falling sound asleep,  I must have wakened, went downstairs and made myself a cup of capocinno ...a big cup ...the first I knew of it was when I couped it over myself ...lesson learned ??? and never did it again ??

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.