Fun Quiz — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fun Quiz

Geoark
Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
I have too much time on my hands so thought I would do a fun quiz. If you decide to answer trust rules apply, we trust you not to cheat.

Alternatively why not give it to the bored kids and give them a time limit to find the answers.

Round 1 Animal Kingdom

Q1. What is the fastest animal? (MPH not body lengths)

Q2. For three animals it is the male which carry the unborn offspring, how many can you name?

Q3. There are five mammals which lay eggs, how many can you name?

Q4. Which animal is the most venomous?

Q5. Which mammal kills the most people each year?

Round 2. -  History

Q6. Can you name the six wives of Henry VIII?

Q7. Name the three longest running monarchs in UK history.

Q8. The name of the first space craft to land on another planet and transmit data back to earth? For a bonus point what planet did it land on?

Q9. The USSR dissolved into how many different independent countries in 1991?

Q10. What mathematical chart did Florence Nightingale use to demonstrate the cause of deaths in British military hospitals during the Crimean War?

I will do some more if members are interested.

As an individual I stood alone.
As a member of a group I did things.
As part of a community I helped to create change!

Comments

• Geoark
    Hi @Hart86, yes you can post your answers here. For the moment I will let you know how many you have got right, but not which ones though ;) I will post the answers on Tuesday evening when members have had a chance to take part if they wish.

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    My answers in no particular order

1-Catherine of Aragon, Anna of Cleves, Jane Seymour, Catherine Parr, Katherine Howard, and Anne Boleyn. 
    2- Queen Elizabeth 2
    3- Octopus?
    4- Shark
    5- George?
    6- Mindmap?
    7- Humans maybe
    8- Not sure
    9- No clue
    10- Russian? 
  • Geoark
    Some good answers,.

Question 5, no matter how much thought you put into these things some will catch you out. I will accept the answer given as it is correct, the question should have been, other than humans which mammal kills the most people each year.

@Hart86 you scored 11 - I haven't scored the first question as you gave two answers.
    @April2018mom you scored 8

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great idea @Geoark, I'd be interested to know the answer to number 5 if we took humans out of the equation.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Geoark
    Okay so here are the answers:

A1. While the Cheetah is the fastest land animal, it actually comes 12th. The fastest is a Peregrin Falcon who swoops down on its prey at 120mph.

A2. Animals where the male carry the young to birth are Seahorse, Pipefish and Leafy Seadragon.

A3.  The five mammals which lay eggs are The Duck Billed Platypus, Short Beaked Echidna, Eastern Long Beaked Echidna, Sir David's Long Beaked Echidna and Western Long Beaked Echidna. The name for mammals that that lay eggs is monotremes.

A4. The most venomous animal is a Geography Cone Snail. Knowing how children love gruesome stuff there is a good you tube video on cone snails. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYMjLgPFSso

A5. Aside from humans, the mammal which kills the most people is... the Hippopotamus

A6. Six wives of Henry VIII are Catherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour, Anna of Cleves, Katherine Howard and  Catherine Parr

A7. In order the longest running UK monarchs Elizabeth II, Victoria, George III.

A8. The spacecraft to land on another planet and transmit data back was Venera 7, the planet was Venus.

A9. The USSR divided into 15 independent countries.

A10. Whilst many people believe Florence Nightingale invented the Pie Chart, she invented the Polar Chart. The Florence Nightingale Museum is on the ground of St Thomas Hospital London. Florence Nighingale was born in 1820 and the museum planned to do a special exhibition this year. You can find out more about Florence Nightingale and her ongoing legacy online at https://www.florence-nightingale.co.uk/200exhibits/ Of course while we may not have given a thought to Florence Nightingale she is the mother of modern nursing and hospitals. Our modern day hero's owe a lot to this woman and so do we as her legacy continues.

Well done to @Hart86 and @April2018mom

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.