Free Childcare, LCWRA and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Free Childcare, LCWRA and PIP

janesh
janesh Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi all,

I’m wondering if anyone knows the answer to this.
I’m currently claiming LCWRA and PIP for a long term illness.
My daughter has been in childcare since the age of 2, and we have been entitled to 15 hours free childcare a week.
She turned 3 in late April, so the term after her third birthday will be September.
Will she be entitled to 15 or 30 hours of free childcare for week from September? My partner works full time. 
Thank you in advance 

Comments

• EmmaR_Alumni
    EmmaR_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 28 Courageous
    Hi @janesh you can apply online and usually it tells you whether you're eligble straight away, however if your circumstances are more complicated a decision can be made in around 7 days, you will need all your partner's employment documents to hand and your benefit details.  Do let us know if you've been succesful. 
    Emma Rose  - Scope Activities for All-  support and advice for parents and professionals on inclusion and children's disability issues
  • janesh
    Hi @EmmaR_Scope
    thank you so much. I’ve tried the link and put my details in. There wasn’t an option for Universal Credit, so I ticked the box for incapacity benefit instead, and the decision has come back to say that we aren’t entitled to free childcare because we don’t claim any of the benefits listed. Which is technically true, except there wasn’t a UC option so I couldn’t click that!
    They make things so difficult :( 
  • janesh
  • EmmaR_Alumni
    EmmaR_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 28 Courageous
    Hi @janesh sorry that what you needed wasn't there, you could try talkiing to our benefits advisor @joanne_Scope she may know about this. Or our helpline could put you in touch with her 0808 800 3333 helpline@scope.org.uk.

Otherwise you could try writing to them as they suggest stating that there was no where to state you are in reciept of universal credit therefore it wasn't a true assessment of your circumstances.

Emma Rose  - Scope Activities for All-  support and advice for parents and professionals on inclusion and children's disability issues

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.