I am a mum with a son with autism and learning difficulty. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am a mum with a son with autism and learning difficulty.

esunduzwayo
esunduzwayo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi everyone,  I trust that you are keeping safe. I am a mum with a son with autism and learning difficulty. I know this is a difficult time for our community and we are trying to keep our families with autism safe even though most of them will not understand fully.  I  was happy to see on BBC today that at least someone has stood up to speak about the challenges we are facing as carers and that it looks we are forgotten.
Thank you so much for the great work you are doing to connect our community.  Stay safe!!!
Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @esunduzwayo - Welcome to the community. Thank you for joining with your kind words about Scope. It's a great online community we have here, & of course Scope does so much more to help us all.
    I rarely watch the TV, so missed the bit about carers on the BBC. It certainly must be difficult at the moment for all the parents in the same situation as yourself. I hope the good weather's helping, & you & your son can get outside for a bit. I know I'd be lost without my small garden!
    There are other parents who have children with problems like your son if you have a look around the forum.
    You're also most welcome to chat here any time. :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @esunduzwayo and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  How are you today?  Thank you also for your lovely, kind words.  We all try our best to support each other on this forum and you will find some great people to talk to here.  

I did hear something about carers of people with autism being mentioned on tv and it is great that people such as yourself are being supported, especially at this difficult time.  You do a marvellous job and I'm sure your son loves spending time with you.  I hope you are both doing ok and managing to keep busy during the lock-down.  

Please feel free to look around the site and join in any of the discussions you find interesting.  Also our virtual coffee lounge is a great place to start chatting to people.  I hope you enjoy your time with us anyway and I look forward to seeing you on here.  If we can be of any help/support to you and your son then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.