Rude GP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rude GP

Options
jinnty
jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
I put a complaint in last year about a pharmacist, who was trying to take me off my medication, and telling me that if I went swimming, went to a sauna or gym, or such places, it would help cure me. And that I should get this operation or that one, even though I know that I can’t just go and say, do an operation on this or that. So, I put in a complaint, but late last year, one of the drs I’m in my practice was extremely rude and dismissive. I put it down to a bad day, as we all have them. But, the past 3 occasions that I’ve had to talk to her, has been horrendous, she demanded that I not go to an out of hours service, not to bother A & E, and not to phone 111. She has been mega nasty, so today I put a complaint in. Can see throw me out the practice for complaining about her? Everyone else is fantastic. I even asked to speak to a Locum, but she was the one who called me and again was very nasty. Where do I stand? Thank you ? 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jinnty, really sorry to hear that both the pharmacist and your GP have been rude to you.  This is inexcusable as people in this position should not be acting in this way.  Yes, everyone has a bad day, but nobody should have to put up with such behaviour!  You are quite right to complain.  I would imagine that the GP can't throw you out of the practice for complaining.  Every practice to my knowledge has a complaints procedure and if a patient makes a complaint against a member of staff then I would imagine that the complaint has to be investigated fairly and impartially, no matter who the complaint is against.  Your complaint will probably go to the practice manager who will assign somebody to investigate it and he/she should inform you by letter of their findings once the investigation is over.  I'm no expert, but I would imagine this is the way it would happen.  I wouldn't worry about it as you have done nothing wrong.  Please let us know how things go with it anyway.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,628 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @jinnty might be best all round if you found another surgery? GP's often use pharmacist to do meds review, my last 2 were done that way, but it's not really their place to do anything more than that.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• jinnty
    jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help. ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.