In so much pain and grief — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In so much pain and grief

Options
Moodles18
Moodles18 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi.
I suffer fibromyalgia, and am really struggling.  I lost my beautiful Mum on 23rd March, VERY unexpectedly  & VERY VERY sudden. She picked up coronavirus in hospital.  I am struggling to cope with my grief and my pain. I am not sleeping, hardly eating, and just cannot concentrate on anything.  I would love to chat to anyone xxx
Tagged:

Comments

• Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Moodles18
    I am so sorry for your lose and that your going through such a difficult time. I am in a similar situation as I suffer also from pain and have a mum whose in a care home and who is dying. We are unable to see our mum as the care home is not allowing any visits. I’m just sitting at home alone, also suffering with pain, waiting for a call to hear my mum has passed. Last year in July I lost my twin brother to cancer and had a terrible time coping with that, as well as getting bad news about my own health so it’s been an absolute awful time last year and now this year it looks like I will mourning my mum. Like you I’m dealing with horrendous pain at the same time. I’m writing this to let you know that your not alone and if just speaking about can help, then you’ve come to the right place. Lots of really lovely people on this forum who might be able to help. Also if you would like to contact me, then your very welcome to do so. Maybe we can help each other through this difficult time?
  • Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Options
    Moodles18
    As you will see when I have posted this, I also am unable to sleep. 
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @Moodles18 I’m so sorry to hear this. It must be such a horrible time for you. We’re all here if you need anything even if it’s just a chat to @Chloe_Scope or any of the wonderful Scope Team. You can also call them on 08088003333 or email on 

helpline@scope.org.uk   
  • Georgie164
    Georgie164 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    in Hi I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. That must have been very painful for you, especially when you were close. 
    I also suffer fibromyalgia as well as other disabilities and know how physically and mentally horrible it is. 
    I’m here if you want to chat. 
    Liz ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2020
    Options
    This must be very painful, I'm so sorry for your loss.

How are you feeling today @Moodles18?

Please reach out if you want to talk or get support.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.