PiP ASSESSMENT REPORT AND NO SUPPORTING EVIDENCE FOR PIP2 DUE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP ASSESSMENT REPORT AND NO SUPPORTING EVIDENCE FOR PIP2 DUE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC

chrisk34
chrisk34 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
Hi All, 

im a new claimant and after a very long waiting period for my assessment since may 2019 i finally had my assessment april 14th 2020 due to the pandemic and the new guidelines i was given a telephone assessment what seemed to be a pretty comfortable experience with a atos assessor lasting for roughly 1 hour 20 mins. to date all i had done was get assistance filling in my form from the local cab office, and send it in the form was well written and give a good explanation of my needs and ability to do things for myself, all mental health related issues. the form sent had a attached note from the cab women saying that medical information will follow, but due to ill health for a long period of time. i had not been able to get any supporting evidence. after my assessment i instantly thought about the fact i had provided no further supporting information being  with my claim. i awaited the text to say they had received the assessment report and requested a copy what was sent out near enough the next day, i scored 10 points with the assessors report for daily living and no points for mobility. i have yet to receive the decision makers decision. the assessors report is very suspect in places where i believe i should of been awarded more points etc.. even on the basis of what she has written in the report itself stating many things amplifying the need for support. i understand that often the decision maker will follow the awarded points in the report,but how much weight is placed on what   the assessor has written within the report else where ? 

Comments

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @chrisk34 the decision maker generally goes with the report as far as I am aware. If you think you should have scored more points look at the descriptors and see where they would be. Concentrate on the MR stating why you think you should have scored those points. You need at least 2 more points for higher rate daily living (or whatever it is called). 

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    The higher rates are called "enhanced" @chrisk34 you don't always need supporting evidence my OH was awarded PIP with no evidence from anybody and it was renewed 2 years later without supporting evidence.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chrisk34 - I just wanted to add my 'Welcome' too, as I see you've already received good advice.
    With my PIP claim, I only had a supportive letter from my GP (he could see physical problems I have), tho many have said a GP's letter isn't much use! :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    ^^ agreed, its more about how well you complete the application than sending reams of often irrelevant "supporting evidence"
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @chrisk34, how are you getting on?

Scope

• chrisk34
    @Chloe_Scope thank you and good thank you, all helpful comments here, i'm just awaiting my decision now and fingers crossed that it is something similar to the report points, if the decision maker reads the report i hope i get awarded more points lol one can only hope 

• Chloe_Scope
    Fingers crossed @chrisk34
    Scope

• chrisk34
    good news i got awarded in speedy time. from date of assessment, daily living standard rate only but its a start once i get the decision letter i can get some help with the MR 

• Chloe_Scope
    I'm glad you got the report. Here is some information about making an appeal which may help. It's important to note that you would say how you think you do meet the criteria, rather than just saying they have lied or got it wrong.

Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.