Notice of pip tel assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Notice of pip tel assessment

Options
daisy80
daisy80 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hi I wondered what notification people got for their tel pip assessment? I received a text 10mins ago saying it's tomorrow! I suffer with mental health and hearing issues so will my husband be able to help me on the phone? It's quite short notice but I've waited so long I don't want to rearrange. My anxiety is through the roof. What will they ask? I thought I would of got a letter. Thanks 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     - @ilovecats has always been upfront mentioning that they had worked previously as an HCP. Just because they have resumed such work doesn't mean they are 'against' DWP applicants.... in fact they were just giving the OP the benefit of their knowledge, as do you. Personally, I can't see a problem; you have both given your perspectives, that's all.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     - I hope you stay @ilovecats ; everyone's perspective matters, & the forum needs that balance. There's too much we read over & over here that HCPs lie, etc., which clearly is untrue.
    I've also had issues, as a physio, that people have said they had an HCP who was a physio, & were abusive to my profession. Someone's got to be an HCP, & you being on the forum just shows that you care, & are trying to be helpful, both with your job, & here.
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    @Username_removed - are you saying there is no way an assessment call can be done on speakerphone?  My adult child is waiting for an assessment date at the moment and there's a fair chance it'll be a phone assessment.  There is no way she can hold a phone for any length of time and always uses speaker phone for longer calls. Why will they not allow this?
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you.  I'm hoping she has a paper assessment this time around, but if it is to be a phone call then I will make sure they are made aware in advance.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.