Received backdated payments to original failed assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received backdated payments to original failed assessment

Options
lozjae
lozjae Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I failed my pip assessment at my 5 year review and when I received the report it was 90% lies from the assessor. I submitted a very long mandatory reconsideration letter disputing each false answer he had given them but when the replied after 10 weeks they still said no but again there answers were just a repetition of his report from the assessor. My issue is I am taking it to appeal but when I checked my bank today the had paid me backdated payments all the way back to my original assessment I failed? Is this  usual?

Comments

• Jonquil
    Jonquil Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hi
    Maybe call them asap to check this is correct? I wouldn't use the money until they send you the new PIP statement telling you what you are entitled to. Just in case! Fingers crossed they have had someone who knows their job properly who has reviewed your case! Good luck. 

Jonquil 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lozjae, just wanted to see if you have been able to call them? I hope they are able to clear things up. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.