Claims claims claims — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claims claims claims

Options
Astr0cent
Astr0cent Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Trying to sort out this benefits appeal, its a nightmare.. very stressed about it, but I hope it eventually goes well. I have been without money for a while but I live with my parents so its ok. I hope it all goes ok. I'm not very good at dealing with stress, but I am sat here with my cup of tea and the cat so thats nice I suppose.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm sorry you're finding it so difficult @Astr0cent.
    What stage are you at with your appeal, have you done your Mandatory Reconsideration? Do you claim any other benefits?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Astr0cent
    Astr0cent Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi there, unfortunately they denied my mandatory reconsideration. I've been getting help so I've had to take it to a tribunal. I'm in the process of compiling all the evidence together to help me. I have a lot of support usually but since the coronavirus has come at the wrong moment it's meant accessing the support has been difficult. I'm very nervous about this tribunal. I want it to go well. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm sorry you're nervous about it @Astr0cent, but if you need any guidance at all, we'll do our best to help. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.