Hello — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Options
melaniethorley
melaniethorley Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
Good morning everybody and hope you are managing fairly Ok during this strange times. My name is Melanie and I am a disability outreach (NOT recruitment) officer for a UK university. I have been the 'ask a disabled student advisor' for Scope for nearly three years. However, not all of my posts are relevant to post-16 education. After a discussion with @Adrian_Scope, I thought it would be a good idea to join the coffee lounge. We recently had our first ever STAART ART prize competition. Myself and some of my lovely STAART Ambassadors devised a 'draw a dinosaur' competition as a distraction from our unsettling situation. The youngest entrant was 3 and the oldest 53 and some of the dinosaurs were amazing although I was a little bit grumpy that neither of my entrants - Staartasaurus and Boredasaurus - were shortlisted. If you would like to see the dinosaurs, they are here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1494748690692646/

We are hoping to run another competition with bigger prizes soon and I will let you know as soon as the money has been approved for the prizes.

Stay well.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.