Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Check you're happy with the email notifications you're receiving.
• Have a look at how the community will be changing its appearance.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Work assessment

Hello, I am just wondering if anyone else had heard of this? I have been on flat/pip and esa for about 10 years, and I’ve just recently noticed that my sons and my esa are different. He is in the support group and I am in the work focused group. I phoned and asked why, and was told that I am still considered fit for work, even though I have the letters stating that I’m not. Been told that I’m not getting reassessed until next year but if I want to appeal now, that there is a big backlog, so I have decided to wait it out. But, please can someone tell me what happens when I’m reassessed, do I have to appear before someone or what happens? So very sorry for a long post. Stay safe and well everyone. 

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 657 Pioneering
    Hi first question, when were you assessed for ESA? when it comes to next year and being reassessed you will be asked to re-apply for ESA complete the forms they send you then you may be asked to go for a face 2 face assessment with a HCP, who may recommend that you stay in the same group or put in the support group, which pays around £25 a week more.
    Hope that helps?
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Administrator Posts: 6,383 Scope community team
    edited May 4
    Hello @jinnty. As @woodbine mentioned, the support group of ESA pays a bit more than the WRAG group it sounds like you are in.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
Sign in or join us to comment.