Work assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work assessment

jinnty
jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
Hello, I am just wondering if anyone else had heard of this? I have been on flat/pip and esa for about 10 years, and I’ve just recently noticed that my sons and my esa are different. He is in the support group and I am in the work focused group. I phoned and asked why, and was told that I am still considered fit for work, even though I have the letters stating that I’m not. Been told that I’m not getting reassessed until next year but if I want to appeal now, that there is a big backlog, so I have decided to wait it out. But, please can someone tell me what happens when I’m reassessed, do I have to appear before someone or what happens? So very sorry for a long post. Stay safe and well everyone. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,524 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi first question, when were you assessed for ESA? when it comes to next year and being reassessed you will be asked to re-apply for ESA complete the forms they send you then you may be asked to go for a face 2 face assessment with a HCP, who may recommend that you stay in the same group or put in the support group, which pays around £25 a week more.
    Hope that helps?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    edited May 2020
    Hello @jinnty. As @woodbine mentioned, the support group of ESA pays a bit more than the WRAG group it sounds like you are in.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.